• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Questions on running seperate Lipo for ESC fan / servo

krashkrieg

Contributor
Can the stock ESC fan take 7.4 volts?

I want to run my Servo (Hitec, no problem) Receiver and ESC fan off an 1800 mah 2s lipo...If the fan can take it, how does the wiring get hooked up?

bigblkblazin

I run the same setup with a NMih (No need for the BEC or Lipo protection) its good till 9.6 I believe. 8.4 volts makes a servo really shine .

bigfol

Wow 8.4V would make it shine alright, the question is will the rx handle 8.4v........after all its the thing that has to tells the servo what to do or I guess you could power the servo with the separate power supply in which case you would disconnect the red & black from the servo connector and hook it up directly to the lipo battery and connect the orange signal wire to the RX. If you do it let us know how it goes,wouldn't mined going down that path myself.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts