• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Question about my MT Pro motor...

Status
Not open for further replies.

lords

Jeebus as in with all RC's it is your item and you need to be fully hands on with it..

as you know you can't just drive them now days or even in the past 7 years....

remember these are not from 'Toys-r-us'....lol

I know it's all about the engine...but if you didn't check see what happen...

as far as i know RedCat orders them from china customized the way they want and then just trust this order that comes to there warehouse in crates and boxes

maybe just maybe they now can see the problems that occur

and can put a little more hands on in inspecting there items

so us the customer don't have to go through all this BS for a fun time in the world of RC....

and yes RedCat you need to start checking this or your sales will decrease, because of said issues like this

just think because of this error...now everyone will be checking...see what kind of problem this caused..

so grab your wife's and kids and start checking...lol

get ali off the field to do some hands on, in the warehouse to check to...

you can make all the videos you want but a problem this big cant be ignored

also not a major problem but the info disk i got with my unit(i like my memorability stuff..just like the key chain)

is empty and the paper is shredded off of it...

it's things like this that make us think you don't care..but in the end it will be costly..

so start checking....

11v4oc9.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

RampageHopUps

Putting a new motor in is very easy. A few bolts and it comes right out. Compare that to an HPI Baja,a nd you have to tear down almost the whole truck.

But, it really sounds like you need a new hobby.

lords

oh ya putting in this engine compared to the hpi is kids play :)

and well worth it....

i don't care what happens ...sorry but i stand with RedCat...

Jeebus

Ya know, ive had RC cars for as far back as i can remember, and ive never had as many issues with vehicles as i do with this car. Ive had nitro, brushless, electric, in all the various scales, and at this point i wish i had them all back lol

My main issue with installing this new motor is time. I run a business and i just don't have time to be tearing this car apart and putting in a motor really. And to be honest, i shouldnt have to in my opinion, this isnt what i paid them for. If something like this happened in my business, and it has, things get overlooked from time to time, I go 100% out of my way to make it right, and if i have to take a hit on it, so be it. The customer is happy in the long run, and we continue to do business. I would never just beable to say, well... heres how to fix it, go ahead and do it, I couldnt treat a customer like that.

But i suppose its better than nothing, atleast it wont be a paper weight anymore. Im going to work on taking the motor out sometime this weekend, or maybee i can even get my new shop hand to do it, he probably has a better idea of how to do it than i would.

I bought it to have for some fun weekends, and being told the story from redcat that this scale truck of theres is "nearly bulletproof" got me thinking it would be a perfect addition to some weekend fun, start it up, drive it around the yard... put it away and beable to do it again the following weekend. So far it hasent even come close.

lightning73

Dude just sell the damn thing! Your apparently never gonna be satisfied, and all your doing at this point is dragging their name thru the mud. Redcat is going the extra mile to rectify their mistake by sending you two new motors, what more do you want from them? I mean come on your last post makes it sound like they should be installing them for you too. Seems to me that the big picture here is your in-ability to want to work on the truck, that being said sell it now before your attitude gets even worse cause turning wrenches is all part of this hobby. You should know that already if you have had several R/Cs in the past.

Jeebus

So, in your opinion is it wrong for me to believe that i should be able to buy one of these, have it arrive to me correct, as it should be, and as it was advertized, and drive it right out of the box?

I guess i was completely mislead when i thought that. I wasnt aware of all the upgrades and fixes you had to do right out of the gate to get going with these. I guess i should have just been happy with my 26cc that was labeled as a 30cc. I mean, shit they are going out of their way to send me the parts that i had origionally paid for, what more can i ask from them?

Last edited by a moderator:

lightning73

No thats not what im saying at all, its not wrong to expect that an item you paid for is correct, we all put expectations on things we buy. And from time to time everyone is disappointed and thinkin they wasted money on a purchase that didnt live up to their standards, but usually when someone complains to a company to have the problem resolved, and the company does what is necessary to resolve it thats usually the end of it. However you just cant seem to be satisfied.

Jeebus

Well, you may be missing something because as of right now, my truck is still a paper weight sitting in my office.

And your right, as of this moment, I am not satisfied. I will be satisfied with my purchase when i can fire my truck up, and have the items that I paid for. That day has not come yet, so I am still unsatisfied.

You are suggesting that because redcat says they will take care of it, its allready done. The fact is, its not..... hell for all i know they can be blowing smoke up my ass, and just telling me what i want to hear. Honestly last night, before this even happened, i looked on their website to see if i could just buy a 30cc motor, and it said "Out Of Stock" , but somehow today they sent two of them out.... idk, i guess i will see when it gets here.

When that new motor comes in, and ive spent a full weekend having a great time with it, I will probably be as happy with my purchase as all of you seem to be with yours, but honestly thats just not the boat im in right now. Im not bashing the company, or saying anything that is not true, im telling the facts and the issues that ive had.

Taylor

Martin

You already bought a 28.5cc cylinder from DDM, why you do not install that cylinder and piston....?? you spent more time to write in this post than the requiered time to install a cylinder on an engine....

don't take it personal, it's only a joke loll..!!!

As for the two engine you wait for, just sell it to refund a little on your displeasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts