• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Question about my MT Pro motor...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeebus

Hello, in my other thread, i posted how my exhaust flange on my cylinder broke off, and i would need to replace it.

Well, i ended up taking it all apart, which wasnt as hard as i thought it would be, but when i went to order the new one, i called DDM to get advice on what i needed.... the guy in their tech section told me that he seriously doubted my motor was a 30cc.

It says 30cc on the side, so thats all im going from, but he said it probably wasnt.

This is the part set that he sold me, and he said this would fix me, and be an upgrade. http://www.davesmotors.com/s.nl/c.885035/n.1/it.A/id.4166/.f

Since the server was down, i couldnt check here to see what to get, so i had to trust him on it. Does that look like all i will need to fix my problem?

will that be an upgrade to what i had before? or bassicly a replacment...

thanks for the help

Taylor

lords

i followed you past posts and seen that your backing up from a stock 30cc to a 28.5

ddm is pretty fair about stuff but for the price you can replace your issue from ebay cheaper...

just my thought.....

stock 30cc has good torque and great options for improved gearing with less bog...

28.5 is great power but at a price of only updating to it not the other way...

i am sure the makers of the engines don't mark them wrong...lol

i wouldn't say it's an upgrade but just 'it will get you back going'...

REMEMBER ..THIS IS JUST A OPINION :p

Last edited by a moderator:

DanSpd

@Jeebus:

I had 30.5 cc engine with +2 Stroker. Head kit (cylinder and piston) went bye bye.

All I did is got cheap head kit at ddm for $20 its. To be hones it is more than enough for my style of bashing and i still get around 29cc.

That's just my penny. If you have money for 28.5 or something better then look for lowest price and get it.

Obeast44

Banned
Actually that headkit (36mm) is the same headkit that makes a 30.5 (36mm bore+30mm stroke). I am fairly certain, unless you stack gaskets that you wont have proper squish.

DanSpd

RampageHopUps said:
Please PM me the person from DDM you spoke to, so I can set him straight.
:D Go Rob! ;)

Sorry had to make this post cause Rob made my day better :D

RampageHopUps

No smackdown needed. With some of the confusion about FS motors being marked 30cc and really being 26cc, and the Redcats being stickered with 30cc, there is obund to be some confusion. Since there really is no 30cc, it has to be either 29.5 of 30.5.

The new HY motors are stamped to be a true 30.5, so we can be sure what they are.

There is also some confusion by most of us what the HY really is as well. HSP has been shipping some with CY engines and some with their own HY engines. You need to look at the castings and see if if it is CY or HY. The HY engines are deifnitely different than CY, but most of us have never seen an HY yet.

I have an HY in my XT buggy, but Rob46N has a CY in his XT truck.

Jeebus

arg. you have to be kidding me.

The guy i spoke to was named brad, i believe.

He told me there was no such thing as a 30cc redcat motor, and i told him i was looking at the sticker with 30cc printed on it.... he said there was no way.

then he proceded to sell me that kit, telling me it would be an upgrade for me, and it would be everything for me to get going.

So, as of right now, that stuff i just ordered is useless to me? am i understanding that right?

I just cant win with this shit.

Taylor

RampageHopUps

The kit you ordered is correct. That is a direct replacement for what you have.

I will talk with Brad and let him know the new Redcats come with a 30.5 in them.

Jeebus

RampageHopUps said:
The kit you ordered is correct. That is a direct replacement for what you have.
I will talk with Brad and let him know the new Redcats come with a 30.5 in them.
ok, so i will beable to use atleast the cylinder, but the piston wont change anything for me?

I could have gotten away with just replacing the cylinder and saved a bit of money huh.

as long as it will work, i don't care i guess. ive spent money in stupider ways i suppose lol.

Taylor

Obeast44

Banned
Hey Rob, what about his squish? Wont he need to stack gaskets? If the piston looks good, with so little runtime on it, I wouldnt replace it.

Jeebus

well, all my stuff came in today.... should i install it? i ordered an extra gasket for the cylinder, should i double stack it?

Taylor

Jeebus

so, i installed everything. kept the stock piston in it.

Now its all back together, and it seem slike there is no pressure on anything when i pull the cord. Its rotating and catching, but its almost like there is no pressure to help start it at all.

i can take the exhaust off and see the piston going up and down in thare, but nothing is happening....

Taylor

Jeebus

the spark plug is in, and the fit seems good, but i guess im not 100% sure on that.

it just seems like something isnt catching or engaging or something like that....

RampageHopUps

Maybe the pull start needs to be cleaned? Take the spakr plug out and see if the piston is moving up and down. Then put your finger on it to see how much compression it has.

Jeebus

ive got it apart, and im noticing that the new piston that came with this kit, is significantly larger than the old piston.... looks like i need to swap them out afterall.

its a big difference....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts