• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Question about my MT Pro motor...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeebus

The diamiater of the bore on the cylinder from my STOCK motor is 1.338 or 34mm

the diamiater of the bore on the cylinder from my new kit from DDM is 1.412 or 36mm

thats .074" of a difference between the two. Something is up here, whats going on with that?

Taylor

Deluge

There should be 2 numbers on the original head, underneath the fins on the lip. Can you post them? Should be a 28 32 or something like that.

Jeebus

its going to be just a bit, im trying to get this new cylinder on before i leave.

taylor

Deluge

Well, if that measurement you took is accurate and assuming the stroke is still at 28. It seems like you got a 26cc with your truck, instead of the advertised 30cc. Ooops!

lords

or he has just the Rampage MT PRO which can come with anywhere from a 23-28cc ...bummer

or just a plain mistake in the installing of it in the factory?

Deluge

True. Either way, he now has a brand new 28.5cc.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jeebus

Sooo, the person selling me this truck, telling me the motor is a 30cc gas engine.... was bassicly lying to me?

Im going to be honest on this, with all the problems ive had with this truck, and all the horseshit thats happened, this topping it off is complete garbage.

Words cannot express how dissappointed I am in this company, and service.

Rob, i do appriceate your help and thanks for the tip on installing the new cylinder.

Taylor

lords

Jeebus, did you get that straight through Redcat?

just to let you know that 28.5cc setup you just put together

is a nice setup...it's even on the low,med and high throttle range..which is a awesome thing...

to rob,

my CY 26 shows 28 34 can you explain the meaning of this?

hm thinking, i am going to pull my 26HY and see maybe if they gave me a 30.5cc HY.... :p

Jeebus

lords said:

is a nice setup...it's even on the low,med and high throttle range..which is a awesome thing...

to rob,

hm thinking, i am going to pull my 26HY and see maybe if they gave me a 30.5cc HY.... :p
Bought it brand new, straight from redcat, Right now its just an expensive paper weight.

Im curious as to what they will do when they find out about this. Im a business owner myself, and in my opinion after all these problems for this to top it all off, is absolute trash.

Taylor

Jeebus

Just talked to rob, and im somewhat plesantly suprised at what i found out.

Rob, thank you alot for all the help. I greatly appriceate all of it!

Taylor

Deluge

lords said:

to rob,

28 = stroke, 34 = bore. That's 25.4. Roughly 26cc.

lords

will i have been dealing with chris/eric on minor parts on my dune Runner and he has been very helpful and sending out what i do need at no charge,which is awesome and more then enough on the small parts area...

thanks Deluge,

that what i though with my CY 26cc :)

so a 26cc CY has a wt668b carb.

will this also work good on a 30.5cc ported and polished engine?

the specs are the same ...15.88mm bore, 12.7mm venturi.

or will i starve it and have to pick up a 813? for top notch low-end?

Jeebus

Well, i got a call from Dan at Redcat today.

He is sending me out two brand new 30cc (hopefuly) motors today. I ordered two mt pro's the same day, and both are in the same boat with wrong motors.

All in all, im very greatfull that there even willing to send me the motor, and im very happy and greatfull for all the help i got from Rob.

As far as this whole situation goes as a whole, im still dissapointed in the product and quality. Yea, they probably didnt know that it had a smaller motor in it, that much is clear, they just get the pallets of cars from china and sell them. But, ive just been jerked around and plagued with junk parts this whole time. I mean, if the factory overlooked the fact that they put the wrong motor in a vehicle, but labled it as a 30cc, what else can be wrong with my machine? Thats all just going to come out of my pocket in the end, i guess its just the luck of the draw... and thats what you really get with your money for redcat.

Ill be happy to see my motor come in, in a week or two, but i don't knwo what im going to do with it when i get it, because installing that complete thing just dosent seem like anything i have the time or capability to do at the moment, and im sure if I do manage to get it installed, any problems that occur from there on out, are on my plate again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts