• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Quasimoto Rampage XB build

phreerider

it does indeed, ran the whole wire, will have hack the shrink to bring back . may just send to killerrc see if he'll get me freshened up.

great meter , looks cool, wide range of applications and functions, feedback is easy.

the audio/tone feature on the kill is all i need but led gave fair warning to voltage drop.

D2Survive, thanks again for the chassis! worked out nice.

the busted PIPE bolt has me concerned, the jointed pipe DOES protect the head from shock load ....may end up cutting it. first i will tap for M6 bolt on the cover and step size a tick. prolly call dino first.

phreerider

2WD ! has been the flavor of the pass 2 weeks, vid hopefully by tomorrow.

thanks for the bolts/spacer Dino ! GO jetpro!

designed2survive

phreerider said:
D2Survive, thanks again for the chassis! worked out nice.
No problem! 2WD sounds like a lot of fun!

On a side note I think I may have to go with your individual dual steering setup. I'm not too happy with my turning radius, strength and accuracy. could be better.

phreerider

with 2wd you don't need much steer! and always too much throttle!

duals have been good without hassle

phreerider

heres a hack that makes use of old parts. the metal prawl and fly wheel catch have had the best of each other, so now the flywheel catch is too short for prawl to reach...so a word of caution with metal prawls, helpful, but too long in service it eats the flywheel.

so my impatience turns to this immediate phix...

open pullstart

designed2survive

Not a bad idea!

Why is your tank cap still on the side of the exhaust? Might burn to refill.

phreerider

the tank was a concern at first but , really hasn't been a problem. the tank hoses are more in the way if i flip it. hoses would come out right under pipe turn so i'm leaving it.

plus as i was working the open pullstart magic. the crank bearing ARE BEAT holy crap i am amazed it runs, there is so play in it now! i can hear it now esp when on road.

so mill swap is around the corner.

phreerider

oh! and i do love how easy the pipe is on and off. now thats luxury!

and a short 2wd vid , should be up tonight, 3 different sessions so clipped it up and may get 2 more vids out of that as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

phreerider

and here we have the 2wd. this is the end of session clippped out.

cool perspective on the following circluar pan framing , looks as though the unit is spinning the globe! enjoy.

https://vimeo.com/124258820

been on this for couple weeks, did some track action on the smallest track, kinda squirrelly fun, and i'll get the clip up eventaully

phreerider

less i have to take out! i usually don't but the continuous turning on a low tank produces air gaps and causes the clunk to be dry for couple seconds at a time and that was the first gap. and typically theres some sputtering to give a warning but it went out and down v. lean rev up. and you are right its best NOT run it dry so to avoid lean rev

phreerider

speed control through piloting. no stop signs on track!

all go here!

phreerider

the brakes have been disconnected over a year + from the servo.

when i did the fresh gears month or so a go, i did bearings as well and choose at that point not to put the brake stuff back together, because i did not use them, and the extra weight i felt i could drop.

phreerider

Finally swapped out motor. Original stock case bearing way over done. break down on stock case soon, maybe a new full race port 34cc , ton o fun with 2 bolt topends....we'll see. fixed front cvd drive and tweak front chassis to finish out spring

so, obr 30.5cc prostock goes back on with 9500spring with fresh shoes, still on 990 WT but 813 might get at least some time soon. front servos a little beat up, but should make another few months.

pics and stuff in a few, MT gear plate bearings layed out , recent clutch wear ..etc..

slow build over summer for chasssis swap stuff need a few custom items to make , plus fresh quadcopter FPV junk to distract me and the whole wind thing.

phreerider

quick run and all solid to go. with the 4X4 fixed and independent servo steer setup the steer action was acting a little jumpy and so i added the bar back in to link servosavers and it seemed better, servos seemingly solid though one is cracked, the chassis tweak adding some tension maybe? , not sure but linked they will remain til fresh servos arrive.

heres most recent clutch with 7500spring , about 80-100hours , i think paddles finished the shoes off.

with 4wd theres a lot of control with 7500, a bit much for 2wd. its workable but squirrelly.

here we got the MT gear plate bearings layout with #'s and count. This does NOT INCLUDE the mini idler block set(2) which are inside the block.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts