• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Quasimoto Rampage XB build

phreerider

me in motion...THATS the element i must have MOTION.

monkey in motion

but now i'm HERE with you guys..til the wind picks up

phreerider

HY 30.5cc (stock) case with OBR race port with fresh clutch 7500spring ...

first rip session--->ASPHAULT !

man! once again the mill is singing, and tires are screaming.

phreerider

new topend/fresh clutch has been awesome over weekend . 7500 spring working out fine ...after several days of heavy action, on sunday settled into doing this oval track thing( 4 turn oval would be more accurate ) anyway couple tanks on it and WOT the entire time...ended like this,

gears have pulled since Aug. 2013! a mountain of time with daily use. mill was peaking delivering punishing torque out of the corners. fun !

it was 29-31-26-24 setup , will go with 35 25 25 25 maybe look at MCD stuff

designed2survive

phreerider said:
it was 29-31-26-24 setup , will go with 35 25 25 25 maybe look at MCD stuff
I looked at the MCD gears at largesacalerc, they are so expensive I'd rather go with a belt drive when my gears give up.

ika

designed2survive said:
I looked at the MCD gears at largesacalerc, they are so expensive I'd rather go with a belt drive when my gears give up.
Can you post link of MCD gears from largesacalerc, can't find.

phreerider

gonna go with stock set up need a chassis as well. chassis is totally jacked out of shape.

Designed2survive what did u do with stock chassis?

designed2survive

phreerider said:
gonna go with stock set up need a chassis as well. chassis is totally jacked out of shape. Designed2survive what did u do with stock chassis?
It's sitting on a shelf along with all of the other extra parts being mad at me that they never got to serve their purpose. Lol! Interested?

phreerider

waiting on parts! thankfully the wind has been good and completely forgot about it being down since sunday....BUT order fresh tires, full set of main gears and scored virgin XB chassis from designed 2 survive , many thanks D2S! doubtful i will do a complete jump onto chassis ATM. cool chassis mod to extend its life when i do the swap.

phreerider

BertR said:
Man!! I wish I got that amount of time on my gears...I have gone through 4 or 5 complete sets since December 2011..
a set a year seems pretty good , quality may have improved a little.

i think was lucky on some of that...AND all the early steady tow load stuff bedded the gear faces solidly together without shock loads that snap teeth.

also i think gear plate bearing replacement about every 2-3 clutches is the way to go and esp. if beyond stock power about every 2 clutches. and the lube red n tacky #2 grease by lucas , a light coating every about once a month for heavy use cycles.

watch the new set may not make one weekend tour!

phreerider

ups drops the ball on part flow, thanks rob for quick action.

during the down time order MORE stuff.

jet pro !

paddle tires!

ventral chassis spine, yep... just have to see it

so got about a week to go on time

phreerider

i had a girlfriend once

she was so jealous when i road my other girlfriends

but she was easy... always up for a good time

...no real ending ...just keeps going like that

phreerider

heres some entertaiment , jetpro and paddles.

vid and comparison of both in the combo, pulled by 2 bolt race port with 7500spring and fresh tranny gears

and the look

the rear

jetpro tucked in tight had to clip the tip abit, pipe rigidly fixed to motor with no joint

jetpro sandblasted after 2 tanks, wow the sand spray is impressive !

crap vid files where just photos ...oh well have to do it again tomorrow

anyway detailed comparison around the corner

Last edited by a moderator:

designed2survive

phreerider said:
jetpro tucked in tight had to clip the tip abit, pipe rigidly fixed to motor with no joint
Looks good! Did you have your pipe made the way it is. Asking because mine (also a Jetpro MCD pipe) came with side tip, a joint (header + pipe) and two mounting points to the side of the engine. Just curious.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts