• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Quasimoto Rampage XB build

phreerider

heres some recent fine points of daily stuff,

first one is the soup can hack supporting the pipe joint (over the silicone heat hose) hose was splitting just abit and i wanted to extend its usefulness. clip it, clamp it and forget it! i have not had a single hose connector that can survive without an alloy cover , though this one really hung on(blue reinforced)for some time ... 2months or so (guess about 30+ hours) 5gal mark anyway

heres the MT rear lower arms/7075rc carrier all still solid

baja shocks on the rear definitely doing the job(the wet i think may be spray lube res) happy with this choice and will run them til they bust.

the outwears airfilter bag kinda split up, so i've been on the diposable ones i made last season, they last about 2 gals or so, prolly go MUCH more with street only use.

pretty slack on the pipe oilage, my truck bed is packed with surf gear so not so good when i leave it in to do double session... the other pipe is deeeply polished though and looks great, i'll bring this one back on the next swap...this is one magic pipe ! plus the wt-813A for rip away power its tough to beat , its a bit harder to start but(maybe few more pulls) totally worth it !

unit has been super tight with limiters , and i 've been really staying on top of the servo savers to keep them tight and tweaked. the plastic side has gotten pretty soft and will slack in a full day running...may look into something more .maybe.

maybe a jam nut ! to hold them!

anyway fun has been had and looks like the situation is going to persist

Last edited by a moderator:

phreerider

i did oil it at first and then sessions got stacked up tight and unit stayed in my truck for about 2weeks and pipe went real quick around surf gear, got in a hurry and wetsuits and junk , i knew better.... not a big deal, i'll blast it and put the wheel on it before it really pits, kinda gives me something to do , actually already got the paint for it when i first saw it. so hopefully it be done shortly, then we'll see how long it takes to blast it off !

phreerider

Thanks ! those "undone elements" in projects tend to eat up progression...or certainly they can distract me....being i wanted to paint it originally! only remembering this after i oiled it! oh well time will fix that !

phreerider

i think couple more times polish/grind/ finishing and all the flux would be gone. the paint i would let get dirt caked the oil practice at least keeps me on the more tidy with it.

i have been doing alot more towing on asphalt so its been easy to keep up...the steer sensitivity is very different and the reality... so much easier to maintain ! my offroad race/bash running requires ALOT of attention and regular parts wear can be heavy at times. kinda falling away from bash sessions and favoring tow which was the original project...oh distractions!

phreerider

a good example is the shocks! on tow they would last SO much longer...couple of heavy race bash and they blow quick...BTW the shock is leaking!

phreerider

knocking down some serious tow time, to the point of the idler bearing on gear plate spits out back side bearing AND rear planetary gear pin breaks along with pin on diff cup and cup shaft...kinda all at once . luckily no gears where harmed during the failure, which really surprised me. the gear block on the idler was free wheeling but now its has solid block ...?? the original block had bearings, the replacement did not come with such set up. hmm.

anyway failed on pics , sorry. but the idler thing has me concerned . i have really been wailing on it for couple weeks and surely thought clutch had blown in the event but that yet to be the case, soon as i get fresh clutch parts i''l do a swap and see.

phreerider

thinking about going to slicks on all 4. the jumpy grip bouncing thing i think is not helping , grip and snatch is getting rough , more spin/slip is better for tow ..have to wait til the new scrubs off at least, might the the softer compound on the lugs.

phreerider

good news and bad news,

DDM comes thru on serious clutch deals! and AND makes good on "life time" premium spring replacement both 7.5k and 9.5k!

but unfortunately the lifetime guarantee situation has come to an end apparently and is indeed is over. so for the original $20, i got 5 springs total. its not a lifetime, but seems fair for this particular outcome. the CY 8K set(2) for 6$ is the current rerun part for a while, though the 9.5k is choice for serious rippage, i have a bag of 6k that will be on deck in the near future.

phreerider

and the clutch show for all to know,

with little doubt the best 54mm 2 shoe clutch for $12! Zenoah ! and this time with 8k cy spring, it will out last any other of same caliber by considerable time (the spring choice plays into that but 8k works best for tow over 6k on durablitiy for sure)

some comparo pics of tattered lightened clone shoes, think that was a King motor with < 100hrs. powdered out qiuck! esp. with the wt-813a ripping on asphalt ...right down to the last of it ! the spring is 8k and is sprung.

and FINALLY remebered to order the dogbones pins

these are FLM very nice !

phreerider

<100 more like 80ish best i could calculate, just past the 10 gallons on tow practice. maybe 3 gallons of that was bash. bashing with Zen clutch, off road use only was prolly closer to twice that. tarmac/tow is brutal on clutch! the topend really holding on too! the new clutch may kill it . compression is good but cold kick back just started to fall off

the recent drive train blowout forced a totally fresh rear diff case and all...finally it has no leak! that old one pissed out the lube in no time. last couple sessions has it back in solid groove ...now the tires are paying for it!

phreerider

sessions have slowed, unit is nice and solid ready for spring summer slow down on RC wrenching( putting the unit up unbroken is sweet !). still on the fence with OBR g320 full mod. may get it in the fall. WIND season is up and projects are really stacking up, because i'm riding more than wrenching ! shocks to rebuild for the fall and all that good stuff hopefully will get done over the summer.

anyway i will be out for awhile, rockin' the redcat action every chance i get , but the wind is calling.

phreerider

hey guys back for a look and wow photobucket! what a high jacking load of crap! bastards

wishing slow painful for them for sure. not gonna pay

anyway...

doubtful i can completely restore all the shoots , but man, very sorry.. so much good high use images, data and great examples of hardened RC mods and use esp. for XB and ton of custom stuff.

i still got all the shoots and will glady help those in search of the missing images for the post to help with projects or interest...

and yes quasimoto/trenchcat still rips on like a boss, i did rebuild old shocks MT/XB to replace the completely blown out ROVAN/KM shocks those jokers did not last a sesason ! anyway IF anyone would like a rerun of a section ask here and I'll put up a fresh run

you'll be cool

and phuck photobucket!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.