• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Progress at LargeScaleRC for PowerJam 2010 - You registered yet ?

Obeast44

Banned
Sorry guys but I wont be able to make the journey back up this time. It looks like I will be missing the event in its entirety :(

After gearing up and making the trip up there. A friend of mine came down with a really severe kidney stone (hes had 33 this one makes 34) at about Lafayette. After vomiting a few times and urinating blood we opted to get him back home. I had every intention of returning Friday afternoon but on the return trip we blew out a tire on the camper. After getting it changed we continued home only to blow the spare a few miles later. We limped into Seymour Indiana at about 9pm only to be unable to find someplace to repair it. Eventually we made it to a Walmart with a tire center, unfortunately it was closed. As luck would have it I checked the automotive section and they HAD a premounted spare like what was needed. SUCCESS!

Unfortunately, while changing it I pulled something in my back that left me barely able to walk. Let alone drive 5 hrs back up to the event. After we got home and everything unloaded I crawled into the house and slept on the floor with my feet elevated on the couch. Sounds comfy don't it. Haha

I knew the powerjam would be memorable, I just wasnt expecting it to be this type of memories. If by some amazing chance I am able to even remotely function this evening, with the aid of my pain medication and muscle relaxers. I WILL make it back. I was looking forward to meeting everyone and getting some track time. Sometimes ya get thrown curveballs.

I hope everyone has a blast, I will be thinking of you guys!!!!

I want LOTS of video!

RonE I left your Rampage in the very capable hands of the guys in charge. I hope you like it, and I am sorry about not being there to help ya. If ya got any questions/concerns I will PM ya my cell again.

Ron E

Contributor
Obeast44 said:
Sorry guys but I wont be able to make the journey back up this time. It looks like I will be missing the event in its entirety :(
After gearing up and making the trip up there. A friend of mine came down with a really severe kidney stone (hes had 33 this one makes 34) at about Lafayette. After vomiting a few times and urinating blood we opted to get him back home. I had every intention of returning Friday afternoon but on the return trip we blew out a tire on the camper. After getting it changed we continued home only to blow the spare a few miles later. We limped into Seymour Indiana at about 9pm only to be unable to find someplace to repair it. Eventually we made it to a Walmart with a tire center, unfortunately it was closed. As luck would have it I checked the automotive section and they HAD a premounted spare like what was needed. SUCCESS!

Unfortunately, while changing it I pulled something in my back that left me barely able to walk. Let alone drive 5 hrs back up to the event. After we got home and everything unloaded I crawled into the house and slept on the floor with my feet elevated on the couch. Sounds comfy don't it. Haha

I knew the powerjam would be memorable, I just wasnt expecting it to be this type of memories. If by some amazing chance I am able to even remotely function this evening, with the aid of my pain medication and muscle relaxers. I WILL make it back. I was looking forward to meeting everyone and getting some track time. Sometimes ya get thrown curveballs.

I hope everyone has a blast, I will be thinking of you guys!!!!

I want LOTS of video!

RonE I left your Rampage in the very capable hands of the guys in charge. I hope you like it, and I am sorry about not being there to help ya. If ya got any questions/concerns I will PM ya my cell again.
THISSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSSUCKSSUCKS :( :eek:

lightning73

Oh man Obeast what a total bummer!...Talk about when it rains it pours, i wont be complaining about my luck anytime soon, which i might add usually sounds alot like yours at the moment...I got my fingers crossed for ya, i hope the meds do a good enough job to get you there, get well soon bro!

Obeast44

Banned
Thanks man, Im feeling 100% better than last night. I havent had any medicine for 6 hrs and still feel pretty good. Im still a little sore, but I will take it easy.

@ Rob: The new buggy making the trip with ya?

EDIT:I thought about making the trip but after loading my suitcase into the car I literally hit the ground like a 300lb. sack of potatoes. My back is killing me so theres no way im gonna make the trip.Wish I coulda made it. :(

Last edited by a moderator:

looker2756

Contributor
I feel for ya' man. Everything gets better in time though. With this many tracks, we need people to come have fun with us. We'll be seeing you soon :D Get feeling better.

fat49f1

Contributor
Obeast44 said:
Thanks man, Im feeling 100% better than last night. I havent had any medicine for 6 hrs and still feel pretty good. Im still a little sore, but I will take it easy.
@ Rob: The new buggy making the trip with ya?

EDIT:I thought about making the trip but after loading my suitcase into the car I literally hit the ground like a 300lb. sack of potatoes. My back is killing me so theres no way im gonna make the trip.Wish I coulda made it. :(
Beast i feel for you ,i have back problems too. And when it says no it means NO. I am 6.5 and 350, it doesn't do it as often as it used to but when it does wow.. i am done.

looker2756

Contributor
Obeast44 said:
don't wanna dehydrate!
Hummmmmm, No dehydration problems !!!

Ron E said:
liquid courage...
We had more Damn LIQUID than we EVER needed. :rolleyes:

I do have tons of AWESOME coverage, Thanks to my wife & friend.

Much more to come ;)

Never know what you'll see when you visit LargeScaleRC.

1powerjam032.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

RampageHopUps

Thanks for a great time at Power Jam. The tracks are great and the people are great. I will upload the pics and videos of the winning Rampages!!

lightning73

RampageHopUps said:
Thanks for a great time at Power Jam. The tracks are great and the people are great. I will upload the pics and videos of the winning Rampages!!
Winning Rampages!....Excellent sounds like they had a good showing thats great news! Lookin forward to seeing some pics and vid. Wish i could have been there to see it first hand.

Obeast44

Banned
looker2756 said:
Hummmmmm, No dehydration problems !!!
We had more Damn LIQUID than we EVER needed. :rolleyes:

I do have tons of AWESOME coverage, Thanks to my wife & friend.

Much more to come ;)

Never know what you'll see when you visit LargeScaleRC.

1powerjam032.jpg
Bob that airboat is soooo frikkin sick! Glad I at least got to see you unboxing that :)

racetruck

Can you say beaman/Swango Racing Large scale

here's a start of the last race rob beaman-rob64n bent down by the truck jim beaman-racetruck and mikey swango-racecar22 getting the transponders in the trucks

P6060113.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts