• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Prayers for RCDAD

oskygt

May God be watching over him while he recovers, and to the family all my best wishes, get well soon RCDAD!

Heavy Chevy

Sorry to hear about this. RCDAD, I'm happy to hear you're pulling through, stay strong buddy. Power to his family and friends in this hard time

TerraKill

best wishs to you Rcdad and your family, this terrible news and brug a tear to my eye, your a very inspiring man, and a great help to us all,i wish you a hastey recovery and get well soon buddy

i hope this dosnt effect your ability to carry on your hobby

Ruffy

Oh my!!! RCDAD is a really nice guy. I just ordered many parts off him two weeks ago and was emailing him about them items. He was fast on the emails back and a very smart and kind gentlemen. I sure hope he is ok! Get well my friend.

G

Hello all. My name is Phouvy (Brians wife)

Please don't read this if you have a week stomach!

He asked me to help him post this.

Thanks for all the nice words and help.

Feb. 28 Brian decided to take the day off and build a shop table. He was almost finished and somhow ended up with his left hand under his chop saw. He managed to remove all four of his left fingers. The sound was indescribable. I was out watching our little ones play in the driveway The first thing I noticed was my husbands hand laying on the base of the saw then the red sprinkler where his hand use to be. As I started screaming I watched my husband grab a towel and send the kids to their rooms. He came back out to the garage and asked me to dial 911, as he had to keep pressure to his arm. I was in a total state of panic. As I was on the phone with 911, Brian came back out with a plastic bag to put what was left of his hand in. He had to yell at me to do it as I was so freaked out. I had never seen so much blood. The Maricopa County Sherifs Office arrived first. 15 min later the ambulance finally arrived. My wonderful husband stayed with it the entire time. Telling me everything will be OK.

He was in surgery for 9 hours. They only could get the middle and ring fingers reatached. I was told the fingers only had a 50/50 chance of survival and might have to be re-amputated. After surgury, Brian had to endure leech therapy. He wanted me to take pictures but I was way to grossed out! I guess leaches produce a chemicle that relaxes the veins and helps get the fresh blood to the tips of his fingers. So for the next 2 hours I watched the nurses stick about 10 live leaches to the tips of his fingers. BTW his fingernails had been removed so the leeches had some nice soft skin to drink from.

He spent the next 72 hrs in ICU.

Brian was finally sent to a recovery room so his kids could see him.

As you can see the middle finger is doing great but the ring finger is failing. The surgeon will be looking at it again tomorrow. We are trying to stay positive.

These photos may be disturbing.

fa0700b8.jpg

8ece290a.jpg

0bbd2bc8.jpg

89452d20.jpg

rcgasser

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that was an intense scene thanks ma'am for positing I have been really worried and praying that everything will be ok. Get well soon RC Dad my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family and wishing you a speedy recovery.

RampageHopUps

Well, thats not a sight I like to see. Get well and I hope you can get back to the fun side of life soon. Please let any of us know if you need help with anything.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts