• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Post your xbe chassis request and suggestions here.

Gaz

I just want a standard 7075rc no-flex replacement chassis with no mods. I don't want to have to modify anything period. I think the stock size is fine IMPO.

Ol' fart

update

1 room for a 2028 CC

2 Parts just set in place

3 raw chassis.

Chassis is 1/2 inch longer. Rear dogbone will work as front driveshaft.

Side rails will screw on from the side, pix as soon as that's done.

I can put in holes to mount the receiver box next to the motor drive housing if thats the bestplace, chim in.

I left out the holes for the front plastic brace as I don't think you'll need it anymore. The base is .156 thick, I could releive some area's down to .060 like the gas one but that would limit the area's you could use for a custom layout.

It wolud not save much weight. So, what do you think so far???

Knuckles

Chassis

Now that I am on my computer I can see pictures better, is the chassis wider than the stock one? Are all the stock braces bolt on items? What is happening with plastic side guards?

Ol' fart

Knuckles said:
Now that I am on my computer I can see pictures better, is the chassis wider than the stock one? Are all the stock braces bolt on items? What is happening with plastic side guards?
It is as wide as the stock one with the plastic side guards on. The new side guards will be made from a thin plastic and held on with button head screws.

It can be cut with scissors so you can match your body height on a XBE and it will be extra tall to work with other body's.

The rear stock braces will bolt on only because they support the rear wing and the motor housing brace, the front brace is not needed, the chassis is very stiff.

Knuckles

You are the best, that is a great idea with the sides. Is the servo going to have new stand up mounts.

Ol' fart

Yes, those will be included with the side guards. I'll make them fit the 5575 Hi tec or whatever is needed.

I'll post pix tomorrow of it all bolted together.

Here's a shot with the side cover( black pan heads in the future)

krashkrieg

Contributor
Once again you have outdone yourself...awesome work!....unfortunately I can wait a few weeks until wallet cools...(just spent $300 on my 56" Apache boat :D )

Knuckles

Ol said:
It is as wide as the stock one with the plastic side guards on. The new side guards will be made from a thin plastic and held on with button head screws. It can be cut with scissors so you can match your body height on a XBE and it will be extra tall to work with other body's.

The rear stock braces will bolt on only because they support the rear wing and the motor housing brace, the front brace is not needed, the chassis is very stiff.
That is nice the front brace is kind of in the way with the gearing I run, I had to grind down front brace so motor would not rub, side guards are nice extra tall for truck bodies

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts