• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Post your xbe chassis request and suggestions here.

rookie101

Now you can't just go throwing around common sense like its common or something! Yeah I totally messed that up, fits much better clocked on top.

DUFFY

in the near future can we get a new verison of the motor mount that can hold losi diffs? It would be awesome. I don't think it would be to hard and a complete losi diff is under a 100 making it the cheapest high end diff and well as being easy to find about any where,amain ect ect has them. It is the diff we want, if we want one. All the other diffs suggested are over price,hard to find,and are prone to breakage. The losi is easy to find, works amazing and it is not super expensive.

Also since we wont be using the back bracer maybe some one can figure a way out to attach some mechanical breaks to the current 7075rc mount using those two screw holes. Mechanical breaks would do alot in the heat area, more or less fix any heat issues really for most of us. Breaks honestly are needed more than a center diff and would do our esc and batteries a huge favor. Runs time should be increased as much as 30% as well! so says MCD. We kinda need breaks, my system runs fine with out it but 30% run time is alot man, even if it only comes out to 10% longer it would be worth it to me. The Fg and mcd electric buggies are being sold with brakes so it kinda yerks me my redcats don't have them. If any one has a idea how to home mod some breaks on there let us know. Maybe use the losi breaks disks or any brand that has breaks disks over a drive cup.

bigfol

Ol said:
You know you can rotate the motor to adjust the gear mesh by turning it up or down. Have you tried both ways?? I'm not sure a spacer will work anyway. The front drivesaft is at a pretty sharp angle already, the spacer would make it worse. I could take off stock under the motor to clear. 2mm would not be a problem, the chassis is 4mm thick.
That would work for me, I have tried every which way to adjust the motor height, the problem is the motor wires need to come out from the top or the side and that limits the adjustment of the motor, My motor does just fit, but it rubs on the chassis plate and you get a motor with screw heads that protrude from the back bell end then its even tighter, if you can shave 2mm under the motor on mine that would be great, happy to pay for a pre-run special order up front... ;)

Knuckles

bigfol said:
That would work for me, I have tried every which way to adjust the motor height, the problem is the motor wires need to come out from the top or the side and that limits the adjustment of the motor, My motor does just fit, but it rubs on the chassis plate and you get a motor with screw heads that protrude from the back bell end then its even tighter, if you can shave 2mm under the motor on mine that would be great, happy to pay for a pre-run special order up front... ;)
That doesn't sound like a bad idea to do to all of them. Unless it weakens the chassis too much. I would think it would be easier to do it now then have to do it later.

Ol' fart

DUFFY said:
in the near future can we get a new verison of the motor mount that can hold losi diffs? It would be awesome. I don't think it would be to hard and a complete losi diff is under a 100 making it the cheapest high end diff and well as being easy to find about any where,amain ect ect has them. It is the diff we want, if we want one. All the other diffs suggested are over price,hard to find,and are prone to breakage. The losi is easy to find, works amazing and it is not super expensive.Also since we wont be using the back bracer maybe some one can figure a way out to attach some mechanical breaks to the current 7075rc mount using those two screw holes. Mechanical breaks would do alot in the heat area, more or less fix any heat issues really for most of us. Breaks honestly are needed more than a center diff and would do our esc and batteries a huge favor. Runs time should be increased as much as 30% as well! so says MCD. We kinda need breaks, my system runs fine with out it but 30% run time is alot man, even if it only comes out to 10% longer it would be worth it to me. The Fg and mcd electric buggies are being sold with brakes so it kinda yerks me my redcats don't have them. If any one has a idea how to home mod some breaks on there let us know. Maybe use the losi breaks disks or any brand that has breaks disks over a drive cup.
Did the losi diff mod for Strodedawg a little while back. I don't have pix but I think he posted some. Still have the CAD file for the motor mount so if there is enough intrest I could run a batch ogf them.

I agree with you about the brakes but I don'k know how Losi does it. If it bolts up two the diff housing somehow it should be easy to add.

G

Yep both sides of the center diff.

DUFFY

SWEET, yeh I would want the losi diff mod! IF that came wth breaks, then well that would just be amazing.

DUFFY

I think i should mention we need our chassis asap lol! Power Jam is pretty soon and i wanted to bring my xbes along with a friends flux sc to field a ep class just to show the owners electrics are out there and they can make money off us too. They told a buddy asking about it, they had no idea how to regulate the KV,, ugh,,, Some one needs to explain we don't need any regulations at all really. If you run 6s then you will be running high kv if your running 12s then you would obviously be running lower. The 12s guys will be flying off the track,dangerously so, if any thing maybe regulate the voltage. Even that seems kinda silly since some systems will run a lot better on 12s.

I would 100% buy the losi diff mod, if you added the holes and side cut outs for the losi breaks that would be about perfect. I would be willing to pay upfront for mine. If i have to pay $300 for a custom one just for me I would do it. Hell to be honest I would pay $400 $500 for the diff and breaks because every battery I bought from now on would be that much better its like adding 30% mah. If I have to pay double or triple for the first one it would be worth it to me, I want brakes.

Ol' fart

The losi diff setup and motor mount are completely different than my motor mount. I would have to make a chassis with different hole locations, not a big problem but if you want a losi setup, don't order the one I'm making now. It will only work with my MM and the stock one.

The one I'm making now will be ready this week( Friday) If you want black anodize or hard black anodize It will take a couple more days before I can ship. Look in the web site this Friday to order.

Ol' fart

It is for sale on my website now. I'll will post up some detailed pixs here as my crappy website can only show one crappy pix at a time.

P.S. steering is done too but I won't have any for sale for a week. pix soon

Ol' fart

DUFFY

That chassis looks so nice. I really want the losi set up, again count me in 100% for that.

Ol' fart

update

This is the complete chassis. I'm shipping the raw aluminum ones today and the plated ( hard and black) will ship on Friday.

Ol' fart

DUFFY said:
That chassis looks so nice. I really want the losi set up, again count me in 100% for that.
How do you guys that want the Losi setup want to work it? do you want to buy the Losi diff or do you want the chassis shipped complete. Do you want the brakes too? there may be issues with the driveshafts, I'll have to look into that too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Knuckles

Driveshafts are not that big of a deal if we figure out what size is needed and how many are needed. I ordered custom ones but are around 30 dollars a shaft unless we order in bulk.

You mentioned steering rack is done, did you straighten out servo saver?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts