• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Paint Ideas For The Mt?

Z

ZielkeRacing

I will tomorrow. I do know they are thin. I had one mounted on a Duratrax MT for a customer and it didnt last 3 tanks.

Lizardking

It can't be any worse than the body we have now.......plus the ford body looks better. I wish they made a Nissan Titan or a Toyota Tundra body.....oh well.

Ron E

Contributor
ZielkeRacing said:
Here are some pics of the stock Redcat shell I just painted.
I did lower the mounts one slot on the front and the rear. I also installed the rezzy shocks so it sits higher.
looks great.

that didn't take too long.

sounds like the mmr chevy body may be a good option, let us know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Z

ZielkeRacing

Here are a few pics of a MCD and an FG Jeep. The Jeep holes are almost perfect for lining up. The rear body post will have to be mounted on the back of the shock tower. Just 4 screws.

P7260001.jpg

P7260002.jpg

P7260003.jpg

P7260004.jpg

/monthly_2009_03/P7260001.jpg.44336f86d11c3ce17bf6c32534d28df4.jpg

/monthly_2009_03/P7260002.jpg.6a0738d0eb225a0a8ed7515538df11c1.jpg

/monthly_2009_03/P7260003.jpg.6aec6832dbab2812c1699dce9bd6cc71.jpg

/monthly_2009_03/P7260004.jpg.76d116c5e1b48ccba8ed6ac4ca30b460.jpg

Piranha2

Contributor
Arrg, stop it, you're just teasing us now. That jeep body in your true fire with the winch and all...........Arrg, stop it :D

Ron E

Contributor
both look to fit well, great, more options...

i'm a ford man, I work at a linc/merc dealer, but the jeep is cool. would def look great with a realistic paint job.

(or any of your paint jobs)

Z

ZielkeRacing

Just tryint to give you guys some ideas. :) The Jeep body is thick also like the FG truck shell.

Z

ZielkeRacing

Ron E said:
both look to fit well, great, more options...
i'm a ford man, I work at a linc/merc dealer, but the jeep is cool. would def look great with a realistic paint job.

(or any of your paint jobs)
Yes, it would. It is a highly detailed shell. The bed is even a diamond plate look.

Z

ZielkeRacing

Lizardking said:
It looks like the MCD fits perfect..
Yes it does fit nice. My roll cage is currently off so I will have to check it with the cage on tomorrow. I wont say its very thin anymore :eek:

Z

ZielkeRacing

:p I forgot that I even had that on my site. I should order some of them too. I will have some shells painted up once they arrive.

Piranha2

Contributor
If you get the Desert Rat bodies, I would like one like this, carbon fiber, roll bar, tire detail.............don't know WHO'S it is but I'm sure HE wouldn't mind. HE seems like a real nice guy :D

CF DR.jpg

/monthly_2009_03/583c6056a042c_CFDR.jpg.e29994a3148c29364e59db4b9409e4f0.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Z

ZielkeRacing

I give up, I don't make carbon bodies for the rampage though. I do make some for the 5b but not this far yet. i think I may have a hint on WHO.

kryptonite

carbon fiber looks great, but i just really enjoy the detail of a professionaly painted body. its been a few years since i looked at the price of a carbon body, but i remember when they came out for the 5b.. holly crap!! correct me if im wrong zielki, but werent they like $350.00?(5b)

Z

ZielkeRacing

yes, I only sold mine to friends. I never had them on my site. I would rather paint one if you know what I mean. I like to see my work on someones buggy or truck. I still see them that much and even more for the 5b. I like paint - makes me feel gooooooood :eek:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online