• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Paint Ideas For The Mt?

Z

ZielkeRacing

Anyone have any paint requests you would like to see on the stock MT clear bodies? I am painting one this afternoon. Let me know any ideas.

kryptonite

i really like the look of "chrome". maybe some crazy tribal work would be interesting

Z

ZielkeRacing

I will also be painting the headlights, grille and tail lights so it actually looks like a chevy and not applying the decals.

Lizardking

Awesome, I always liked your Superman theme trucks. Black with some chrome or silver Superman on the hood...maybe with the tearing affect...

kryptonite

are you gona run that body? well i should ask if you plan on "rolling" that body. or is it just for fun?

how long does it take to do those crazy shells? i was just studying them on your site.. thats goto take days! im a painter by trade(residential), but after 15 years, i still cant get the hang of airbrushing and masking.. more then 2 colors and it looks like a 5 year old fingure painting.. :eek: . i just did a buggy shell last night. 2 colors. took me forever!!

Z

ZielkeRacing

It takes time. But I have been painting these for 10 years, and with time I did get quickers. The new ideas takes me some time because I want to make sure there are always better then the previouse ones and its tuff sometimes. I am going to wash up a MT shell right now and get started. I will start painting in about one hour and will post pics once its finished. Just trying to figure out what to paint on it. I will get some more from Redcat. I will also order one from MMR tomorrow (2003-2005 silverado body regular cab).

mooman007uk

Banned
kryptonite said:
are you gona run that body? well i should ask if you plan on "rolling" that body. or is it just for fun?
how long does it take to do those crazy shells? i was just studying them on your site.. thats goto take days! im a painter by trade(residential), but after 15 years, i still cant get the hang of airbrushing and masking.. more then 2 colors and it looks like a 5 year old fingure painting.. :eek: . i just did a buggy shell last night. 2 colors. took me forever!!
I'm the same kryp, I have lots of big plans and zero talent, working on my desert rat bod at the mo...kinda slow going...I'm trying a color fade from blue pearl to green pearl with flames and ripped holes....a recipe for disaster:rolleyes:

I'll take some pics from about 25yrds when it's done:D

Piranha2

Contributor
I would like to see the true scale....headlights, tinted windows, marker lights etc......on a dark maroon body with BLACK true fire......now, that's what I want on a Desert Rat.....want it to look real with a show quality paint job so I can disguise her as a shelf queen!

Ron E

Contributor
i've spent some time on your site and your paint jobs are great, but once I saw your realistic paint jobs I have to get one... :)

when you find a nice fitting quality body for the rampage mt I want one. I prefer a 04 and up f series supercab but really it doesn't matter, i'll settle for a body that fits good and looks scale.

Z

ZielkeRacing

I just tried the MCD its close. Its also the same size as the FG MT. The problem is the MCD is a bit thin.

Z

ZielkeRacing

Here are some pics of the stock Redcat shell I just painted.I did lower the mounts one slot on the front and the rear. I also installed the rezzy shocks so it sits higher.

P7260039.jpg

P7260040.jpg

P7260042.jpg

P7260043.jpg

P7260044.jpg

/monthly_2009_03/P7260039.jpg.e086068b52f16150dc43eb4c443e9f42.jpg

/monthly_2009_03/P7260040.jpg.3cf4580733cd5ce7bf8b544525305aa6.jpg

/monthly_2009_03/P7260042.jpg.84f3a710254332641c3552a676092cce.jpg

/monthly_2009_03/P7260043.jpg.8660f475c8bb5229b571f3e5217091ec.jpg

/monthly_2009_03/P7260044.jpg.0ae17468fc28d87b8a15adb731eab1fd.jpg

Z

ZielkeRacing

No, its different material. The Rampage body is not like the other 1/5th scale shells. Its more like rubber or something. I don't know if its truly polycorbonate though. The Fg is just as thick but stiffer. The MCD is a bit thinner but more stable as well.

Z

ZielkeRacing

I am going to order shells tomorrow. I will order one MCD and a MMR Silverado. I do know the MMR body is thick lexan and does hold up, its a bugger to cut out though. But since I have a MT here I can cut to trim for the MT. There not much more than the stock Rampage shell either.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.