• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Not happy at all!

vpalace

I'm in the process of dremeling off the square drive. Part 70075. This is way more of a headache now. I hope when I get it off, I will at least know what the problem is.

vpalace

Ok, got the drive off. Definitely signs that the screws were not secured down. Marks all around the shaft.

Also got the spark plug out. That was pretty black. Should I clean it or just replace it?

Also, anyone have a spare square drive they want to sell??

G

Also got the spark plug out. That was pretty black. Should I clean it or just replace it?
Replace it. The stocker can cause glitching.

G

Ok, got the drive off. Definitely signs that the screws were not secured down. Marks all around the shaft.
When reinstalling the squares, make sure the set screws are on the flats of the shaft. If not they won't hold.

I like to dremel an indentation on the flat to give the screw more to hold. Not necessary, just some insurance.

vpalace

You don't by any chance have a spare laying around do you?

bob c.

When you get that problem fixed and if you haven't got the turning fixed you need to turn the duel rate all the way up .I had the same problem with my truck and that fixed it..good luck..

vpalace

Just an update, thank you everyone who gave me great advice and especially rcgasser who was gracious enough to send me the part I needed. I'm back up and running. Truck is working good.

I put in my new NGK spark plug and the engine has some balls now. Guess I can lean it out a bit as its too rich at take off and bigs a bit at wot.

How long do the plugs actually last?

rcgasser

vpalace said:
Just an update, thank you everyone who gave me great advice and especially rcgasser who was gracious enough to send me the part I needed. I'm back up and running. Truck is working good. I put in my new NGK spark plug and the engine has some balls now. Guess I can lean it out a bit as its too rich at take off and bigs a bit at wot.

How long do the plugs actually last?
Glad to hear now have some big fun.

vpalace

I ask as after only 4 tanks, that stock plug was burnt. I'm using 25:1 royal purple. Should I lower it to 24:1 or lower?

krashkrieg

Contributor
25:1 is fine...the stock plug from China is pretty cheap...a lot of people burn it out during break in...once you twice it with a normal cmr7h (if memory serves) it'll last quite a while

VTHokieJD

Throttle stuck and went out of control

Has anyone had an issue where the throttle stuck and took the car out of control? My truck luckily hit a wall out of control and became unresponsive as it almost hit some kids playing nearby.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.