• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Not happy at all!

vpalace

I went through and thread locked everything I could get to with out removing the engine. So if the problem lies under the engine, then no, I did not loctite it. Where exactly are we talking about? It's almost the same symptoms as a busted clutch spring with nitros. I know these things have a much bigger clutch,

But I'm not sure how to go about accessing the clutch to check.

Sergio

i had a lot of headaches for not listening everyone told me to do that but i was to exited to run my MT when i first got it i lost a lot of screws and the thing wasnt moving either

G

vpalace said:
I've never had so many problems with one vehicle ever. Sure, things break and wear out over time or in a crash. I've had roughly 4 tanks through this and have had so may issues. I can fix things myself and actually enjoy it. But why should I have to put out even more money when this thing is brand new??
That's how large scale gassers are. They require some wrenching. They are so much more than a toy you use and just put away when you are done. I don't know a single large scale RTR (ready to repair) that comes without the need to upgrade. Honestly I spend way more time working on my cars than driving them. That's part of the fun for me. A few cold ones with my tools is my get away. Thats why the cats appeal to me so much, they are easy to work on compared to some of the other platforms. I spend a little time on them every day and run them on one of the weekend afternoons. I rotate my vehicles, when one goes down, I'll use another.

rcgasser

vpalace said:
I went through and thread locked everything I could get to with out removing the engine. So if the problem lies under the engine, then no, I did not loctite it. Where exactly are we talking about? It's almost the same symptoms as a busted clutch spring with nitros. I know these things have a much bigger clutch,But I'm not sure how to go about accessing the clutch to check.
When it revs does the clutch turn?

vpalace

It turns, but not as fast as it should. No, I did not check the screws behind the gears.

rcgasser

Ok I would check the gears first as well as the grub screws in the diff cups usually if the clutch bell is turning when you rev the engine its not the clutch spring.

AKILLEEZ

put it on something so wheels are off the ground hit gas watch center diff se if it is turning or not. sounds like a grub screw in the center diff setup but who knows. im sure it is something simple

vpalace

Ok. I will try this weekend. Too frustrated right now.

vpalace

It pisses off cause it was starting to run good. After I fixed the throttle issue, that servo worked wonders in the carb. I'm hoping its something simple and I hope I can get my steering issue squared away.

Sergio

when you get it fix you will feel better it took me a long time to get my MT working but it was because i changed somethings and i did get frustraded my las problem was with the belt drive but it was something always simple

vpalace

I guess I'm just used to my nitros working and running good out of the box. Replace a glow plug hear and there, spray me with nitro cleaner and replace worn down parts,

But that was it.

The gassers are new to me and I guess require much more patience.

What ratio should I be running now that I have 4 tanks through it? I was doing 25:1 with 93 octane and royal purple 2 cycle oil.

rcgasser

vpalace said:
I guess I'm just used to my nitros working and running good out of the box. Replace a glow plug hear and there, spray me with nitro cleaner and replace worn down parts,But that was it.

The gassers are new to me and I guess require much more patience.

What ratio should I be running now that I have 4 tanks through it? I was doing 25:1 with 93 octane and royal purple 2 cycle oil.
Nitros working and running good out of the box?????? really what nitro s and I have had them!!! all Gasser are way less pain in the neck then nitros any day of the week read the forum on how many people don't run or have sold there nitro s after running gas

vpalace

My tmaxx and rs4 never gave me issues. I actually sold both of them to get into the 1/5.

vpalace

Not sure it's the center diff. I can spin the back wheel and the front will turn and vice versa.

brad1161

did you take gear cover off and turn gears by hand? What happens? Start at the big gears on the side. If ok move to center diff. than to the front and rear diff. Being that its not a TRUE center diff if it were a grub screw you would prob have front or rear wheel drive.

On your steering with wheels off the ground are you getting lock to lock? I am running two same servos you got on factory battery and its fast and strong. you can watch the servo saver working.

On the performance, don't expect much until you change Spark Plug (NGK), pipe, not the rtr alum junk, 990 carb, and 8000 clutch spring. But this takes time and money. Spark plug is a cheap insurance.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts