• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Not happy at all!

vpalace

Ok, so I changed out the dead stock servo for a Hitec 5675. Can't seem to make tight turns. The turns are very wide. I'm running a 4k mah 6v receiver pack, fully charged. I haven't tightened the servo saver yet and wasn't sure if that could be the issue.

My brakes are making a horrible clunking noise when I apply them, like something is stuck. There's nothing stuck and the servo is working fine. Takes a good distance for it to stop. Doesn't even slide like it did on the first tank. I have a Hitec 645 coming this weekend for the t/b.

I'm at the end of tank 3 and at full throttle, this thing isn't very fast at all. My tmaxx would out run this in a heartbeat. It seems like performance has gone with each tank.

I using 93 octane gas with a 25:1 royal purple oil mixture. Stock everything except for the steering servo now.

Need advice and input on what could be going on. I'm really not happy with this truck yet. It was fun during the first tank and then it's been down hill from here.

I don't want to give up on it, but my frustration level is at an all time high.

I need to go home, sit down, have a beer and await everyone's advice.

Thank you in advance.

G

There are a few things on the steering.

- servo saver.

- end point adjustment.

- battery level.

The engines wake up at about 5 tanks. You need a good tuned pipe to get the most out of it. If you have ran 3 tanks you can tune it for more performance. Just be carful not to go too lean.

vpalace

I have the end point set at about 3-4 on the stock radio. How much can I tighten the saver before its too tight?

I guess with this servo, it's beat to give it close to the 7.4v that it wants?

Should I lean out both needles or just the high speed?

Thanks again for the advice.

Sprint 77

Contributor
You realy don't want to run synthetic oil in first three tanks. You need some wear happening to get the rings to "seat in". Run at least 2 tanks mixed with some hardware store cheap two stroke oil . Then go to your royal purple. I run Amsoil and 100 LL avgas but royal purple is good stuff.

GoffeeRedCat

vpalace said:
I have the end point set at about 3-4 on the stock radio. How much can I tighten the saver before its too tight? I guess with this servo, it's beat to give it close to the 7.4v that it wants?

Should I lean out both needles or just the high speed?

Thanks again for the advice.
The stock radio doesn't have end point adjustments, it only has dual rates. Tighten down your servo saver a bit and swap out your battery with a killer rc battery pack!

vpalace

It's a bit too late for regular oil at this point isn't it?

How much should I tighten the saver down?

I def need to upgrade the battery with this servo, knew that going in, just haven't done it,

Lol.

BertR

Give it a good crank down and run it to see if that helped..sometimes the servo saver is the dirty word of the day.

G

You can reach it from the side easily.

vpalace

Awesome. I will try tomorrow. Thank you again.

While you're here dad, I was looking on you site at the belt drive system. What are the benefits vs the gear set that it stock?

G

- Its less weight.

- Less weight equals faster increase of rpms or spool up. (Similar to a lightened flywheel)

- Eliminates that rattly gear sound.

vpalace

Yeah, that sound is annoying as hell. Will be one of my next purchases.

And explanation for the grinding brake sound?

vpalace

So I tightened the servo saver down quite a bit and its still making huge turns. I dropped the dual rate to 5 and still the same. Perhaps I do need to run this at a higher voltage?

Also installed my 645 for the t/b and now when I hit the brakes a dry go it takes off about 5-6 ft. What the heck am u doing wrong?

rcgasser

You also will get a better turning radius by lowering your front diff oil the grease that comes stock is way to thick if you lower to a lower diff oil your turning radius will be better.

vpalace

I'm done with this truck, just sent the dealer I got it from an email. Turning sucks, figured out why the truck was lunging so I was driving it around, goin half throttle and straight and the truck came to a stop. Engine still running. Something broke in the transmission or gears or somewhere. I can rev it up, all servos work. Throttle works, brakes work, the truck doesn't move.

I've had it.

rcgasser

That just sounds like a grub screw came loose on the diff cups or the gears nothing major don't get frustrated with the truck sometimes it may take walking away and coming back later and you will see things in a different light.

vpalace

I've never had so many problems with one vehicle ever. Sure, things break and wear out over time or in a crash. I've had roughly 4 tanks through this and have had so may issues. I can fix things myself and actually enjoy it. But why should I have to put out even more money when this thing is brand new??

Sergio

did you treadlocked all the metal to metal screws on your truck before running it?

rcgasser

Well that's part of the hobby especially being RTR I have had some run forever with no problems and I have had some that starting out has all kinds of problems but once you get them worked out then you have a great ride. Going through the truck would have eliminated some of the problems as the truck is not moving now if you would have locktitte all the grubs screws and all screws metal to metal then that would not have happened so its a learning curve that as I stated once before part of the hobby.

rcgasser

Sergio said:
did you treadlocked all the metal to metal screws on your truck before running it?
Great question I would say NO because now he has revs and truck not moving thats a sure not going through the truck good and loctite.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.