• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Not happy at all!

vpalace

Haven't looked T since this afternoon. I'm gonna try everything I can when I look at it agin tomorrow or Sunday.

Wheels off the ground, they turn very strong. When on the ground with a full battery, it's slow. Moving and turning, it makes a huge u turn. When I was running the stock servo,

The turns were tight. Saver is tight, almost to the point where you can't see the spring.

I have spare ngk spark plugs. I was gonna change it out now, but couldn't get it out, then got frustrated with everything else that happened.

Can I use a standard plug socket to get this out?

brad1161

vpalace said:
Haven't looked T since this afternoon. I'm gonna try everything I can when I look at it agin tomorrow or Sunday. Wheels off the ground, they turn very strong. When on the ground with a full battery, it's slow. Moving and turning, it makes a huge u turn. When I was running the stock servo,

The turns were tight. Saver is tight, almost to the point where you can't see the spring.

I have spare ngk spark plugs. I was gonna change it out now, but couldn't get it out, then got frustrated with everything else that happened.

Can I use a standard plug socket to get this out?
yes you can. but they come in many sizes. Should come out easily with the supplied wrench.

Motakitty

Re: Not happy at all!

I used a 5/8" socket to get mine out, the stock tool I couldn't get it out

vpalace

Gear cover is off, I can spin the gears by hand and the wheels turn.

I can see the center diff spinning when I spin the gears and/or wheels.

What else?

rcgasser

Still take the gears off and check and locktite the grub screws behind the gears the screw can be back out some and will turn when you turn it by hand but when the force of the engine turns it could just be slipping.

G

vpalace said:
Gear cover is off, I can spin the gears by hand and the wheels turn. I can see the center diff spinning when I spin the gears and/or wheels.

What else?
It could be the be the set screws on for drive square on the clutch shaft.

Try it using engine power. Or set the wheels on the ground and try it. Some times the set screw will grab, but slip under engine power.

G

rcgasser said:
Still take the gears off and check and locktite the grub screws behind the gears the screw can be back out some and will turn when you turn it by hand but when the force of the engine turns it could just be slipping.
You beat me. LOL

vpalace

When under engine power, engine revs, but truck doesn't move. How do I take the gears off? Do I need to block the crank from moving?

rcgasser

I sometimes put some needle nose pliers behind the other gears to stop them from turning and loosen the nuts.

vpalace

It's the diff gear, bottom right that I can't get off. The other gears came off easily and the grub screws were secured.

rcgasser

Ok when you check the grub screws did you take the square off and make sure that both grub screw per square is on the flat part of the shaft? I would remove the square and make sure they are on the flat parts of the shaft because the grub screws will not tighten all the way down if its on the round part of the shaft and keep slipping.

vpalace

I'm having a hard time getting the square drives off. I rounded out one of the grub screws now. I'm not having a good day. How do I get that out now?

G

With the engine is running, give it throttle, do the gears all spin and the vehicle stays still?

Redcat4me

Check the one screw that is holding the clutch holder to your engine crank. It could be a little lose.

rcgasser

A easy out may help but I think they are hard to find that small the other option I can think of would be have to cut the square off with a dremeal tool or see if you can pry something behind the squre and pry off might take a great amount of force.

rcgasser

RCDAD said:
With the engine is running, give it throttle, do the gears all spin and the vehicle stays still?
He had already stated that he had locktite all of the diff cup grub screws. So the other option would have to be in the gears.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.