• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

New to 1/5th Scale & Redcat. Just ordered Gas XB.. Bring newbie tips!

OzarkXB

Hey guys, as the long winded title states I just ordered a brand new redcat xb 30.5cc gasser.. I got back from vacation down south a few weeks back and had the chance to drive my fiancés fathers hpi Baja 5b.. Fell in love with fifth scale, yet I couldn't justify HPI money; XB seemed to fit the bill well.

* I am interested in what upgrades you long time owners are seeing the most value out of. I am looking to increase power, & reliability.

* What parts should I keep on hand at my workbench?

-- Any other tips are warmly welcomed! --

If anyone is in the Branson/Ozark MO area feel free to mention it. We can get a few buggies together.

Looking forward to talking to some of you enthusiasts! I have been into RC for a long time, but only nitro/brushless.. Oh how I have been missing out!

claude bigelow

andyken

I would look into outer wear covers, and lock tite all set screws.

Then order up some replacement bearings, and a MT style gear plate.

Then save up for new tires and hpi wheel adapters.

RampageShop

Welcome!

1. Kill Switch - Here's the best one I know of:

http://www.killerrc.com/product/super-bee-kill-switch-car-kit/

2. Aluminum Gear Plate - the plastic one with the stock bearings tends to fail and take out your gears. This is the one I sell or you can check out 7075rc to the left:

http://www.rampageshop.com/store/p364/704568_%C2%A0_Blue_Aluminum_Gear_Plate_with_Bearings.html

There's more you could do but that's where I'd start.

Have fun

Rob

OzarkXB

Thanks guys I really appreciate the advice thus far. Links are always a plus! If anyone has any other things to mention feel free, I have bookmarked this page for the long term project at hand! :D

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts