• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

New BLACK MT Conversion

Z

ZielkeRacing

I installed the upgraded one. Everything else is working fine. The stock 25's I think melted and the MCD 30/30 are on their way, maybe from the plastic from the other two gears.

Z

ZielkeRacing

its for sale

Piranha2

Contributor
Wow Z, you're pissed at that thing huh? We put all the work and effort into these things and when they let us down for a less than acceptable reason it's pretty hard to take. I mean if you do the Gas Jockey cartwheels, yeah you expect to break stuff. I have to tell my GF's son not to floor the truck from a standstill, no donuts on bare pavement, no J-strips, no turning at a standstill.....all these things seem to have helped our reliability. Hang in there Z......if you need anything, let me/us know.

Z

ZielkeRacing

I will replace with the aluminum ones from Rob and install another set of MCD's for the 30s. I wasnt running it even hard, sound sgreat with the side Dom but just a bummer, I feel not as pissed today.

Piranha2

Contributor
Hang in there Z......if you need anything, let me/us know.

Moo, you're on your own, I don't have that many spares and you're one high maintenance beyatch! Oh, and how 'bout those Canadiens? I just put the broom away! GO BRUINS !!!

Oops, I forgot you guys are the Canucks, I actually like Vancouver.

Last edited by a moderator:

str8jailbird

Moo, your running the aluminum gear plate right??? I was running the 25/35 with no problems yet (just jinxed myself I know). I just installed the 27/33 and haven't really ran it but the 25/35 are still in great shape. Maybe I just got lucky???? I don't run it at the slate dumps cuz I'm tired of all the crud that gets in everything so it has been grass, mud and loose topsoil so maybe my gears aren't getting enough grit in them to heat up and fail. I can only hope! I am anxiously waiting the steel gears but am not sure what the options other than 25/35 that will be offered. Rob, any input on this? Will there be different gearing options with the steel gears?

Z

ZielkeRacing

Who is making the steel gears? I guess I should be on the forum more often :)

Z

ZielkeRacing

I ran my first full tank without the gear cover, the gears (stock) loasted and I also ran the stock big 'ol tires. I feel better now. I was a bit frustrated with this thing. I have the aluminum gear mount on its way too. I ran again after my wife taped it (its her first time with the new camera and she missed some). It was much faster as I adjusted the carb a bit, spins all four tires. Pretty cool ;)

Piranha2

Contributor
Man I like those black sidepipes. She goes right along, huh? It is frustrating but once you get to beat the heck out of it it's rewarding......oh and she'll break everytime but that's how it goes. I'm sure you're sick of people talking paint and bodies BUT where's your lid dude? You know, I click the link and see a topless MT......I think they look better "dressed" up :D

Z

ZielkeRacing

It was in the back of my truck. With the gear cover removed it was rubbing and didnt have anything with me to trim it. I will trim it and run it again with the lid. I was testing and looking and the gears. It ran better the second time with a little adjusting and I'm sure the engine is losening up a bit. It is supose to start storming againg tomorrow but saturday I will take better vids with the body.

kryptonite

man it looks good. but if your gona take her outside.. dress her up.. its faster then mine and i have a 28.5 with an x-can.. i need another side dom for sure

Z

ZielkeRacing

Here are some pics, wanted to run but everything is soaked and found a break in the rain. :)

P4260006.jpg

P4260007.jpg

P4260008.jpg

P4260009.jpg

/monthly_2009_04/P4260006.jpg.69f6fc48e2aaab03b1326185a82a3fb8.jpg

/monthly_2009_04/P4260007.jpg.0f535a9241cf806ecfc2c21a93c5eca8.jpg

/monthly_2009_04/P4260008.jpg.6089c1714bf4dae5abcf47ff6439c1ac.jpg

/monthly_2009_05/P4260009.jpg.2043ced7bb9ec544a26e6b3aecffe6c7.jpg

Last edited:
Z

ZielkeRacing

biggiecamp said:
Hanging in there can have it's rewards. Truck looks good. Better with the body though. :D
Right on, it does. Man through the years and I am still here may say something. Maybe its my stoborn german ass. :eek:

Z

ZielkeRacing

Ran a full second tank this weekend with gear cover removed. Gears are still ok but at the end of the tank I broke both front and rear diff cups. I flipped the truck twice and the back of the shell exploded like glass. Oh well, I will try another shell. I have an FG Jeep body I would like to mount but the rear mounts need to be moved to the back of the shock tower but the shocks will hit, will have to figure that one out.

Z

ZielkeRacing

Shafts, right behind the pin. These are the upgraded ones.

Z

ZielkeRacing

Have all the new parts on order, will also temper the new cups (thanks moo)! Hopefully I am getting this thing close.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts