• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

New BLACK MT Conversion

Clubin

Banned
That looks good but one thought comes to mind shelf queen? YOu're going to have to take that thing out and get it dirty. lol

Z

ZielkeRacing

I built it to beat on. If I don't the other 5B guys wont let me hear the end of it. Its made to run, I like the black pipe and the wheels also. I need to get a shel or chope up the stock body a bit. I just have left is intall the radio, servo and thats about it. I hope this weekend, not much time around here lately.

Clubin

Banned
ZielkeRacing said:
I built it to beat on. If I don't the other 5B guys wont let me hear the end of it. Its made to run, I like the black pipe and the wheels also. I need to get a shel or chope up the stock body a bit. I just have left is intall the radio, servo and thats about it. I hope this weekend, not much time around here lately.
It sure does look good, that thing will eat 5b's.

Z

ZielkeRacing

The track where we run is a small dirt bike track, the track itself is big but for 80's. Alot of the corners and before the jumps is soft. The baja's including my 5T likes to fish tail big time. I think this will fix there tails. The people that own it are adding more clay once the weather gets better.

str8jailbird

ZielkeRacing said:
The track where we run is a small dirt bike track, the track itself is big but for 80's. Alot of the corners and before the jumps is soft. The baja's including my 5T likes to fish tail big time. I think this will fix there tails. The people that own it are adding more clay once the weather gets better.
Let me know how those new wheels/tires hold up. I am looking at getting a set of deperados later on with the bow ties. Do they improve the turning radius/handling much??? Just the reduction in weight from the HUGE mt tires has to be a bonus.

Z

ZielkeRacing

I will be running it on Saturday. I am just useing the stock shell I painted up. I did start it with the new dom side mount, man that sounds great.

str8jailbird

My original shell lasted about 3 tanks (1 bad rollover shattered it beyond repair) now I am running the Proline Desert Rat. I screwed up a huge jump 2 weeks ago and litteraly dropped the truck WOT on it's lid from a distance of about 8 feet. Broke both body mounts but only dented/scratched the body. That pro-line body is a TANK!

Z

ZielkeRacing

I had one left but sold it to a customer. Now I cant find one. i will just have to drive careful for a bit

killermolly

Looks great.Now I know what I'm going to be doing when I get laid off in May. LOL

car 001 (2).jpg

/monthly_2009_04/583c6057e3247_car001(2).jpg.e5a88a2b5d4b7aae45e32ca2def922e6.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

str8jailbird

Honestly the Proline may set you back $120 or so but well worth it. I can't believe the beating it has taken so far. I am just going to have to get another for the "shelf queen" look when it is cleaned up and waiting to be beaten.

Z

ZielkeRacing

talk about gears being a piece of crap - I spent not even 1/8 of a tank and the 25 gears were done, and this is on soft dirt.... I replaced the others with 30 30 mcd's. Just a major bummer. This is also with smaller proline bowties. My 5T is on ebay, ****** Maybe I shoud cancel my auciton.................. I am frustrated

Last edited:

Clubin

Banned
The C and D gears are absolutely required. A and B should be steel to, I have cooked out a few sets of 30's already. None of those gears should be plastic.

Z

ZielkeRacing

Alot of time spent on this truck and maybe I just need some sleep. Are there gears that wont fall apart?? The MCD gears looked like they were about to strip, maybe from the 25's I don't know. And the piggy back shocks from there also fell apart within the 1/8 tank. Its by far from my first truck if you know what I mean. Maybe just frustrated...

Z

ZielkeRacing

Anyone want to buy it??

Z

ZielkeRacing

Clubin said:
The C and D gears are absolutely required. A and B should be steel to, I have cooked out a few sets of 30's already. None of those gears should be plastic.
I cannot seem to find the steal gears. let me know where I can find them, look at robs and there not there. I did everything to this truck and even put my fully built 5t for sale on ebay.

Clubin

Banned
ZielkeRacing said:
I cannot seem to find the steal gears. let me know where I can find them, look at robs and there not there. I did everything to this truck and even put my fully built 5t for sale on ebay.
http://www.vancouverhobbies.com/rast25toge.html

Who ever would have thought that the 25's would sell out.

I have a couple MCD's they come with plastic A B C D gears too, and the people that buy them know that that is the first thing that neds to be changed.

What "fell apart" on the piggy back shocks, I'd like to see a picture. There aren't very many sets out there yet. I installed a set of Phatdad shafts in mine, and haven't had any issues.

Z

ZielkeRacing

On the shock part, the bottom of the body unscrewed, didnt lock tight that. I think if the gears would hold up, nothing else went bad as I did everything else. Just 1/8th of a tank - just a bummer even with mcd gears. I was breaking it in and hardly on it. ;(

Last edited:

Piranha2

Contributor
Not to jinx myself but we have over 20 tanks on the stock plastic A, B, C and D gears. I installed the MCD A, B (27/33), C and D gears and they got hot within a couple of sprints up and down the road so I removed them right away and went back to the stockers. Are you guys using the aluminum gearplate? I have yet to install the FastEddy's, original bearings are holding up fine so far.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts