• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

New BLACK MT Conversion

Z

ZielkeRacing

I am now turning my MT into a race machine. I ordered Proline black Desperados with Bow Ties, black DDM side mount. Will have a Proline Desert Rat black shell (have one) thankfully. The upgrade kit and some ramtech gears which I have yet to buy. This week I hope. Will post pics with the set up and oils for the diffs and will see what works on my friends pit bike track. This tack is perfect for these things or any 1/5th scale. I am taking the dual exhaust off and starting over, I would rather run it then look "kinda cool". Pics up asap when the parts are here! :D

Z

ZielkeRacing

This will be all black and bare aluminum too. Might as well as long as its all apart.

Z

ZielkeRacing

I will have polished chassis and 5B hubs along with all polished mounts and everything else black. I just want it to hold up like the cups...... Thats the only thing, but maybe the smaller tires and wheels will help?? And gearing.

kryptonite

i think so Z. also trying to keep the drive shafts centered will help too. the binding is what always cracks mine.. im not going fast enough to brake anything else.. :D

Ron E

Contributor
kryptonite said:
i think so Z. also trying to keep the drive shafts centered will help too. the binding is what always cracks mine.. im not going fast enough to brake anything else.. :D
not so krypt, your new buggy video is great... :D

so good it's costing me more money... :)

Z

ZielkeRacing

Ok, You got me to spend the cash on the pipe!! Not that I don't doubt their pipes anyways, my 5T rips with there side mount. Ya, you have yet to get her full throttle?? :)

Z

ZielkeRacing

Ron E said:
not so krypt, your new buggy video is great... :D
so good it's costing me more money... :)
No doubt!! Costed me tires, wheels pipe and other ends today. :p

My wheels, tires and dom pipe will be here on thursday! I will try to get my orders caught up for this week so I can get started on this. I am a bit excited as the guys at the track (baja owners) that my truck wont hang... I will fix their wagon!! :) This track is soft on the burms and the 2wd's are having a heck of a time.

Last edited:
Z

ZielkeRacing

I have the complete truck torn down. The chassis I think is going to stay the same color as it wont de-ano. I have a few more coats to spray on the blue parts as I ran out of oven cleaner. These don't want to de-ano that easy compared to others I have done in the past. Some new parts will be in tomorrow. Will post pics tomorrow night.

Ron E

Contributor
cool, i'm doing the same thing... just got all my aluminum collected from Rob. I have'nt picked up the oven cleaner yet, I was hoping it would be easier than it sounds... maybe i'll try the drano crystals???

good luck and let us know how it comes out, can't wait to see your truck.

Z

ZielkeRacing

I have read that the orange stuff is pretty easy. Some of the blue parts are ok and some are being stubborn.

Z

ZielkeRacing

Thanks Ron!! I have to get more anyways so I will try this way. I used this oven cleaner on my revo's that I polished up and it worked. Not so on this, will try the crystals.

Z

ZielkeRacing

Here are some pics of the new add ons - just got the crystals from walmart so the aluminum will be back up in a day or so. I will try at lunch tomorrow. :p

P3260010.jpg

P3260008.jpg

/monthly_2009_03/P3260010.jpg.c07ea7107f62f047bffc0492ed550098.jpg

/monthly_2009_03/P3260008.jpg.1fc48ec2a2d3bd7ba0a6c88d76a9bb00.jpg

Ron E

Contributor
nice add on's... can't wait to see the finished truck... whats in line for a paint job?

Z

ZielkeRacing

the shells in the background is part of the work for tomorrow........ love painting :( lol

Z

ZielkeRacing

Here are some pics, I finally had some time. I still need to install the elctronics and find a shell. The upgrades are MCD 25/25 and 30/30, DDM Side mount, Redcat piggybacks, Proline Bowties, 5B hexes, 7k diff lube front and rear, Hitec throttle servo, and upgrade kit.

P4140012.jpg

P4140013.jpg

P4140014.jpg

P4140016.jpg

P4140015.jpg

/monthly_2009_04/P4140012.jpg.b867ee381906bb7e13ed12f1bc16d26b.jpg

/monthly_2009_04/P4140013.jpg.b8d6ca18dcb2ec30c569835a3f17d0ef.jpg

/monthly_2009_04/P4140014.jpg.2e8ac392bfabb56fc322dcde38073286.jpg

/monthly_2009_04/P4140016.jpg.3f529e4ec50daecfb67de6bdae2f2ba7.jpg

/monthly_2009_04/P4140015.jpg.e15aa3267622b3a8eee7788b9e490881.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts