• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

New 32cc MT - Upgrade check

FMcamaroZ28

things i learned / thought today upon opening the box:

- I got a 4 Bolt! Yeah!

- The RX box is big enough for a LiFe pack. Gonna give one of those a shot.

- Are we sure the short stack will work? with the stock air filter its already pretty close to the front cross brace for the frame. The HPI filter is huge compared to the stock one.

- The truck came with a separate kill switch, but it's obviously a cheap one. I assume the killer RC one is worth the cost from a pure functional standpoint?

- The steering servos have no identifying marks anywhere, except a waterproof sticker. Anyone have info on them? I can see one of mine has the rear gasket hanging out of the case and split, so I guess i'll email redcat on that one.

- Are there hi-res pictures of this thing anywhere? I feel compelled to take out the good camera and just make a huge photo album for everyone. Its that beautiful.

Thanks again everyone

Frank

scooby61

Good for you on the 4 bolt mine I'd a 2.

You will have to remove the cross brace in front of the air filter for pretty much any filter.

And yes that is only a radio failsafe not a kills witch throw it away and forget about it.

scooby61

As for pictures I can post up some of mine tomorrow if you want. But most dealers are using old images and it seems that many of these mts vary from production run to production run. I had to call ddm and get the guy to open the box on mine and ensure it was a 32cc before I bought it.

scooby61

If you don't already have them get some good tools in large metric sizes the ones that come with the kit are not precision made and you'll strip screws. The ones ddm sells are decent quality for the money or the best Imo are mip's.

scooby61

Oh and last but definitely not least. BLUE THREADLOCK check all set screws and metal to metal screws the factory is not very good at locking that stuff. My linkage set screws and the bolts holding the gear plate to the clutch carrier had not one drop on them.

FMcamaroZ28

Yep, already have the MIP set. A shame they don't make a large scale set.

I am going to go through and threadlock everything when i take the motor out to install outerwears.

And I think I'm also going to create a hi-res album for the MT, since I've got one of the newest batch.

I think that's everything. Ill update the thread with more info when stuff comes in

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts