• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

New 32cc MT - Upgrade check

FMcamaroZ28

Got a 32cc MT yesterday, didn't take it out of the box yet since its a gift.. SO Pumped for this thing. My first gas RC.

Already got the Castor 927 on the way.

Check this list from DDM for "first upgrades" before i run the truck and go through everything want to make sure i have little issues. I already read about the first run checklist and watched the break-in video.

Am i missing anything? Suggestions? Spare parts? Must haves? Rather have it and use it later.

What spark plugs should i pick up? Is it the same NGK as the older models since its the 32cc?

Thanks everyone. I think i have read every thread here on the MT.

redcat%20buy_zpsl12yndrk.jpg

Ice_2k

1. Check this thread
  2. Maybe get the elastic version of the outerwears instead of the drawstring one
  3. Get also outerwears for flywheel and pullstart
  4. Shock covers
  5. Why do you need the killer bee remote led? Seems like a waste of 10$.
  6. Regarding the snappy rc fuel kit, personally I don't recommend it. Other people here found it ok, for me it leaked like crazy. Furthermore, the folks at snappy rc didn't even want to talk to me because "it's designed for baja, you don't have baja, goodbye". It would be a lot easier and cheaper to just drill a hole in your tank cap, stick a fuel line through it, run it up the rollcage and use a one way valve on it. It will only cost you 6-7$ and it will be easier to install (getting the fuel lines and the brass fittings through that grommet is a pain, my fingers hurt for days even though I used 2 stroke oil).
  7. Spark plug - NGK CMR7H

Last edited by a moderator:

FMcamaroZ28

Perfect. Exactly what i was looking for. That saves me a bunch of time.

Any input on a Li-Fe battery for the servo/rx?

Ice_2k

I upgraded to a 5Ah NiMh from DDM and am perfectly happy with it. I can easily get 3 hours running without my voltage monitor going yellow.

FMcamaroZ28

OK shredstack added.

I was saying the LiFePO4 battery for the higher stable voltage

I have to see if that fits. Anyone run these servos off a 2S lipo or know if thats possible?

scooby61

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I think the new steering servos handle high voltage but the throttle servo will not

I've had no issue with hours of runtime using a venom 5000mah nimh batt.

Ildy666

List looks good.i made my led lite but I like it u can see the lite at night and day time and u always know that ur kill is on or off so not a waste of $10 IMo

Ice_2k

Ildy666 said:
List looks good.i made my led lite but I like it u can see the lite at night and day time and u always know that ur kill is on or off so not a waste of $10 IMo
If it's off it's buzzing and the buzzer is included for free.

FMcamaroZ28

OK so my cart is stacked now, im at 17 items

don't know if you guys can see this or not, but for anyone in the future who is in this position

Ice_2k

1. No outerwears for flywheel? That's much more important than the pull start one.

2. I suggest getting this instead of the piston stopper, less chance of damaging the piston: http://www.davesmotors.com/gt160.html

3. If you intend to run in dirt, consider shock covers to avoid damaging your shocks seals.

FMcamaroZ28

Hmm the flywheel one is the one that requires the whole engine to come out right?

Never got any shock covers for my R/Cs. I use compressed air to blow the whole truck off after every run and haven't seen a need so far.

And again thanks for your help with this.

Ice_2k

Yes, the engine needs to come out. Sounds worst than it is, just 6 screws or so and it's out.

I suggested the shock covers because just a couple of days ago someone was complaining about leaking shocks on an MT after just a few runs.

scooby61

Ice_2k said:
Yes, the engine needs to come out. Sounds worst than it is, just 6 screws or so and it's out. I suggested the shock covers because just a couple of days ago someone was complaining about leaking shocks on an MT after just a few runs.
Lol yes that was me!! I got roosted a few times behind a rrv4 and bam o rings caked up and leaking took fronts apart and cleaned and then put on the full force rc spring covers for the the baja5t. They are cheap and we'll worth the money.

scooby61

Best part was the rrv4 and losi 5ive were faster than me on the strights but the Mt cornered underneath them and took up so mu5 track that I held them from passing me for 5-6 laps.

Ice_2k

I wish I had others to race with, that sounds like tons of fun

Ildy666

Ice_2k said:
If it's off it's buzzing and the buzzer is included for free.
Mine is the killer bee not super bee and how do you here a buzzer 50 yards away at night?but my led is bright enough for at least 100 yards and I can see at night.i do run at night in parking lots or in the woods when night 4 wheeling so that's why I have a lite .p.s the buzzer is only good when ur next to the car and good luck hearing 20 ft. Away.....

scooby61

Friend of mine has 3acre field were just getting a 1/5 track setup on plus some bashing ramps etc... we should have it almost finished this weekend.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts