• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Need help MT won't move!!!

Deluge

Found a better one.

Brakescrew.jpg

The manual I have is actually pretty clear, I might have to PDF it and post it.

Deluge said:
Found a better one. Brakescrew.jpg

The manual I have is actually pretty clear, I might have to PDF it and post it.
The manual that came with mine is pretty much garbage when it comes to looking at the diagrams. Looks like a copy of a copy of a copy x100..... :(

It would be great if you could post it. I might call Redcat and ask them for a better copy of it plus the diagram.

XDEEDUBBX

its not the brakes cause they are not catching. in the video you see the truck moving forward but thats already at half throttle and if I were to keep holding the trigger down it will go no where.

the1320god

XDEEDUBBX said:
its not the brakes cause they are not catching. in the video you see the truck moving forward but thats already at half throttle and if I were to keep holding the trigger down it will go no where.
If you pick the truck off the ground and spin 1 wheel at a time, do all 4 wheels spin when you move 1?

HBD8TRCR

make sure the pinion is moving freely on the ring on the center diff , make sure the set screws are tight on the pinion ( mine were loose from the factory) if the pinion is in a bind on the center ring this would cause your problem.

XDEEDUBBX

the1320god said:
If you pick the truck off the ground and spin 1 wheel at a time, do all 4 wheels spin when you move 1?
I will try that this week

HBD8TRCR said:
make sure the pinion is moving freely on the ring on the center diff , make sure the set screws are tight on the pinion ( mine were loose from the factory) if the pinion is in a bind on the center ring this would cause your problem.
Do you have any pics of it, that will help me out a lot thanks..

tsudo5th said:
I had this problem. The pin that goes through main gear off clutch broke. Pull off gear and remove the o ring to check if your pin is there.
Do you have a pic or diagram of this as well? thanks.

I will try and work on it this week, been busy with building my e-revo with a big block in it.. =)

XDEEDUBBX

xdeedubbx said:
i will try that this weekdo you have any pics of it, that will help me out a lot thanks..

Do you have a pic or diagram of this as well? Thanks.

I will try and work on it this week, been busy with building my e-revo with a big block in it.. =)
help please!

Deluge

The A gear. The gear that rides on the clutch bell shaft. Take the gear off, and remove the o-ring from the gear mount. There's a pin that goes through the middle of the mount and the clutch bell shaft, make sure it's there.

Here's a pic of the assembly...

Deluge

Check these, as well.

There are 4 nuts that hold the center crown gear in place. Make sure they're tight.

2luw4y8.jpg

Make sure the set screws in the brake hub are tight.

4lj80n.jpg

XDEEDUBBX

Deluge said:
The A gear. The gear that rides on the clutch bell shaft. Take the gear off, and remove the o-ring from the gear mount. There's a pin that goes through the middle of the mount and the clutch bell shaft, make sure it's there.Here's a pic of the assembly...

Sorry for all the noob questions but the above pic your referencing is inside the actual clutch?

XDEEDUBBX

Deluge said:
Check these, as well.There are 4 nuts that hold the center crown gear in place. Make sure they're tight.

2luw4y8.jpg

Make sure the set screws in the brake hub are tight.

4lj80n.jpg
And where is this part located?

Deluge

XDEEDUBBX said:
And where is this part located?
The top diagram shows the center diff. That's where the crown gear is at. The bottom diagram shows the brake hub. That's the part that your brake discs ride on.

XDEEDUBBX

hey deluge, look what I found!

dbe93361.jpg

i pulled the gears off like you said and found the pin sticking halfway out! And the culprit that caused it was the rubber o ring is missing! Gonna head down to the hardware store in the morning to see if I can find a replacement. Hopefully this is the only thing causing my problem. Thanks for your help again bro!

Deluge

tsudo5th said:
I had this problem. The pin that goes through main gear off clutch broke. Pull off gear and remove the o ring to check if your pin is there.
^^^^ He pointed it out. I just clarified it.

Glad I could help, though.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts