• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Need help MT won't move!!!

XDEEDUBBX

Hey guys, I seem to have run into some problem with my MT. Everything start up fine but when I throttle the truck it doesn't move very far but the motor revs freely. If I throttle the motor it'll move a few inches and rev freely but it's not going anywhere. I'll post up a video tomorrow morning but any suggestions will help. Thanks

Bryan:( :( :(

XDEEDUBBX

the gear mesh looks good. When the motor is turned off and i push the truck forward and backwards the mesh seems ok.

G

The MT has pins that hold the gear mounts, if you have the 4pin style gears. They are behind the gears. You might have lost or broke one. This would allow a shaft to spin freely inside a gear.

ChuenouXiao

cordy said:
Check the set screws on your drive cups.
Like Cordy said... it could be one of your cups have a loose set screw resulting in no power to wheels. Check all your cup to see if they don't spin freely. Check if clutch is engaging?

Last edited by a moderator:

XDEEDUBBX

rcgasser said:
Yes they are and if they are working fine then check the pin behind the gears as rc dad stated.
ok cool, I will check all that in the morning. Thanks for all your help fellas!!!!

Deluge

Looks like your brakes are dragging. Your throttle/brake linkages might need to be adjusted, or you need to adjust the brake screws.

Here's a visual...

205wnwl.jpg

Thanks for posting that pic Deluge. I was looking at those screws today but never thought for a minute what they were for....

Is there a better diagram for the Rampage besides the one available at Redcat's site? Even at full zoom, it leaves a lot to be desired for....

My MT came with no CD. Was that only available on the first version?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts