• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

My MT Build Almost Finished

joester

Awesome piece of hard work dude!

Love the body also! :eek: :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

pwaicon

This was the first time I tried that spot and I am glad I did, it safe to say I will be going back. I am using the upgraded diff cups as well as CVD’s in the front. I have to admit I was a little nervous after reading some post, but both held up just fine. I will see what happens when I get a different pipe on there:).

kryptonite

ah, palm47. know them vids. that was really wild bashing. it was hopping aroung like a pogo-stick:D, but what great air you were getting. cant believe them cat like reflexes wifey has.

pwaicon

Video should still be there. I have been told sometimes on a slow connection YouTube will state a video is no longer available.

Thanks kryptonite. Yep, I hit the wife twice in the past, she is definitely getting quicker.

uni-racing

dang..i'm drooling!!! if only i had the materials, the machines and knew how to use those machines!!! definately a truck i wanna see completed...keep it up bro!

pwaicon

Thanks uni-racing. I am almost finished with it, not much left to do now. I still need to fix the shocks, tryout a couple other pipes, and paint the new MCD tuck body I got in the mail yesterday. Although I think I will run it with the truggy body until I totally destroy it, which will give me some time to come up with a paint scheme for the truck body.

Piranha2

Contributor
Great job PW, nice professional looking build and process, tell wifey we said thanks for the great filming, does she get hazardous duty pay?.......great place to run and AWESOME airs!.....oh, just so you know, that's typically not how you treat a new truck on it's maiden run..... :D ......it's called break-IN........break-IN.......not BREAK :eek:

pwaicon

kryptonite said:
holy snot rockit batman. what shell is that? can you send us a link?
It is the new MCD MT body. http://www.innovativehobby.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=2455. Of course the decals and roll bar are extra.

Clubin,

That is a very nice body, I really like the look of it. I also want to get one of their MT bodies.

http://www.hurrax-experts.at/Modelle/Yuckon/Default.aspx

Piranha2,

Thanks, I am fortune the wifey likes to get involved. I always thought you were suppose to break something on its maiden run, you mean to tell me I have been doing it wrong all this time. :D

pwaicon

I have been asked if there was anything needed to fit the MCD body, so I thought I would show the mod I did to make it fit. The issue I had is with the front body mount. The pin posts on the body mount were hitting the body on the side of hood scoop and I wanted to hit a flat part of the body. What I did was cut the stock mount, turn the post 180 degrees, and then brace it with a piece of aluminum. By doing this the posts hit the flat part of the hood scope. Other than the front body mount there was nothing else I needed to do except mark and drill out the mounting holes. If my description wasn’t clear I hope the pics help. View attachment 1065 View attachment 1066 View attachment 1067 View attachment 1068

IMG_1929.jpg

IMG_1930.jpg

IMG_1931.jpg

IMG_1357.jpg

/monthly_2009_04/IMG_1929.jpg.16061e47d7a26c8f5b77f1761c84e9d5.jpg

/monthly_2009_04/IMG_1930.jpg.452328d3844658c54e19eb7b89f77a29.jpg

/monthly_2009_04/IMG_1931.jpg.d6133f3a6e490156d64ab326793ca591.jpg

/monthly_2009_04/IMG_1357.jpg.fc7eb83a823e9c2f5b285c3d2d406784.jpg

Clubin

Banned
Yes, the look of the Hurrax Ycuk does look cool. I think I like the look of the MCD body better and it is suprising, the MCD body is a very good price.

mooman007uk

Banned
anyone know where to get a vs asgard body other than innovative rc...they want $78 for shipping to Canada:eek:...$67 to ship an MCD baja1000 body and $31 to ship a 2009 mcd truck body...what is up with all that:confused:...funny cos amain hobbies only charged me $17 to ship my 5t body... guess i wont be shopping at innovative rc

Clubin

Banned
mooman007uk said:
anyone know where to get a vs asgard body other than innovative rc...they want $78 for shipping to Canada:eek:...$67 to ship an MCD baja1000 body and $31 to ship a 2009 mcd truck body...what is up with all that:confused:...funny cos amain hobbies only charged me $17 to ship my 5t body... guess i wont be shopping at innovative rc
Serious about that? I was going to do a Innovative order, I have a few hundred in my wish list, guess I won't if shipping is that much!

mooman007uk

Banned
according to their postal rate calculator that's what it is, what i can't figure is why they all come up with a different price for shipping yet weigh they same and will probably ship in the same size box. Think I'll fire off an email to see if they can do something way better in the shipping cost department.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts