• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

My Homoto gearsafter 3 tanks.

Clubin

Banned
I honestly don't know, the alignment looks perfect, I have another set to install. We'll see what happens with them.. Moo, that is good news, b/c 30/30 25/25 would be a better match with the HPI tires/rims. The 29/31 is just a little to high, and I loose too much bottom end.

Clubin

Banned
R.I.P. Homoto gears.

Well, 1.5 more tanks and this! lol Think there is a issue? I installed the gears on my Dune Runner, just to go out bashing tonight.

Notice the condition of the 23/26 MCD gears, they are still perfect.

Himotogears019.jpg

Himotogears021.jpg

Himotogears020.jpg

Shavings. lol Running lubericant didn't help as you can see.

Himotogears022.jpg

hamster huey

Get the camcorder, turn out the lights, and floor it! I want to see sparks! theyre fried now anyways!

Clubin

Banned
mooman007uk said:
is that the set that were already worn or a new set? looks like they're made of aluminum
No, that's the set that was badly worn.

The new set is on my MT, I ran one tank through them last night they they still look perfect.

forist

Contributor
I must have gotten a bad set to bought mine from DDM do not know what kind they are, if anyone has a idea on the brand let me know plz.

Clubin

Banned
Those are definetly the same gears I am running they are the Homoto gears. They wore exactly the same way mine wore. I am running MCD C/D gears though. They all wore the same way mine wore. Now there is 2 of us. Did you contact DDM? They will get aanswer for you, I bought mine from Exportpro, they must distribute Homoto parts.

yolonda21

Contributor
Just went up and checked mine again....there a little rusty but still good tight mesh, I added a little grease to get them to spin freely. Must have 4-5 hard tanks on them now.

max 1

Look Just Like That ,not Good

Clubin

Banned
My Ramtech 25's are holding up just fine, I don't even know how many tanks I have throught hem, but they are perfect yet. Well done Rob. Looks like you need to educate Homoto on how harden steel.

forist

Contributor
Just got home from running one tank at my friends house and smoked one steel gear 25 tooth no teeth left on it.will post pics/video in a bit.

Clubin

Banned
forist said:
Just got home from running one tank at my friends house and smoked one steel gear 25 tooth no teeth left on it.will post pics/video in a bit.
LOL from the pictures, there wasn't much left. Yes, pictures, I will post some of mie stripped.

Clubin

Banned
Here are mine finished off

hobbies001.jpg

hobbies001.jpg

hobbies001.jpg

Attachments

• hobbies001.jpg
    hobbies001.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 0
  • hobbies001.jpg
    hobbies001.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 0

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.