• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

MT gear plate and bearings on an XT?

ChuenouXiao

RCDAD said:
I run the 7.5hp 27.2cc FMLR OBR in my XB with the belt drive. It's a blast! :D
Must put a lot of stress on your tranny? How about your Part# 50024? Does it put a lot of stress on it?

G

ChuenouXiao said:
Must put a lot of stress on your tranny? How about your Part# 50024? Does it put a lot of stress on it?
None yet. The key is to get the set screw so it doesn't move on the shaft. I dremmeled small indentations for the set screw to go down into.

ChuenouXiao

RCDAD said:
None yet. The key is to get the set screw so it doesn't move on the shaft. I dremmeled small indentations for the set screw to go down into.
What kind of dremel head were you using? How do you dent it with out dremeling yourself? LOL! Cause that small piece of metal is too small and the dremel moves everywhere :D Got pic of tool head and that piece?

G

I used a grinding disc.

I use a small needle nose vise grip to keep the shaft still. My dremel is variable speed. It's easier to keep it steady if you slow the speed down.

ChuenouXiao

RCDAD said:
I used a grinding disc. I use a small needle nose vise grip to keep the shaft still. My dremel is variable speed. It's easier to keep it steady if you slow the speed down.
Yea... I got variable speed too... but just not sure which head tool is best to draw a dent onto it :D

G

I just started to grind the flat spot with the grinding wheel. It will leave a low spot in the center.

Deluge

jeeper049687 said:
Thanks deluge, yea it would be alot of work was just thinking because I've seen some engine out there with big hp claims and I don't know how everything stays together. Ya rc dad I upgraded to the mt gear plate aluminum and the bearings for it, boy I can't wait for it get here. O, so that was no failures seen with the belt drive?
My MT handles the ESP 30.5 Champ port without complaining. And that engine is a monster.

Deluge

ChuenouXiao said:
What kind of dremel head were you using? How do you dent it with out dremeling yourself? LOL! Cause that small piece of metal is too small and the dremel moves everywhere :D Got pic of tool head and that piece?
You need practice, grasshopper. :D

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts