• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Moving up in the world

Guantanamo Joe

So, Now that I have had some sleep, I found the image code. Here is my version of an old army paint job. Like I said, the satin clear code dried a little hazy because of the humidity this morning, but other than that, I am pretty happy with my first time.

Guantanamo Joe

I got the dominator and 8K clutch on yesterday... a buddy of mine saw it run both last weekend and yesterday's test run and could not believe it had the same engine in it. He is waiting on his new MT to come and started writing down parts to buy... he was totally impressed that a truck this big with tires and wheels this heavy could move the way it does... it is a BEAST indeed.

Though I love the launch that the 8K clutch gives, I might take it back off and stick with stock. I am undecided about it because it seems that there is now no such thing as "half throttle" and some of the crazy jumps and stuff should not be done at the kind of speed this thing is putting out. The Dunerunner is my speed monster (when I replace a gasked) and I will put it on there. :D

G

Glad you got her running!!

I believe DDM also sells a 7500 rpm clutch & spring setup. It's not quite as harsh. There is also the adjustable clutches. They are much more expensive though. I don't have any experience with them but always wanted to try one.

Deluge

Guantanamo Joe said:
I got the dominator and 8K clutch on yesterday... a buddy of mine saw it run both last weekend and yesterday's test run and could not believe it had the same engine in it. He is waiting on his new MT to come and started writing down parts to buy... he was totally impressed that a truck this big with tires and wheels this heavy could move the way it does... it is a BEAST indeed.Though I love the launch that the 8K clutch gives, I might take it back off and stick with stock. I am undecided about it because it seems that there is now no such thing as "half throttle" and some of the crazy jumps and stuff should not be done at the kind of speed this thing is putting out. The Dunerunner is my speed monster (when I replace a gasked) and I will put it on there. :D
Full bore or nada, dude! These engines love it! :D

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.