• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Moving up in the world

andyken

RCDAD said:
Personally I love the sound of the Jetpro. I have the silencer as well. It does quiet it down. Works great when I am running where there are people that might not appreciate the sound of a two stroke the way I do.
Is there a silencer for the rear jet pro?

G

They just clamp on to the end of any pipe with a piece of silicon tube. You would need to make a bracket to support it. That's pretty easy though.....

G

This is what I did. Mine is hooked to a Jetpro side pipe. Mounted in the back using silicone tube between the pipe and silencer. Worked great.

-

985e14b1.jpg

mhambone

You know what they say about loud pipes, don't ya...........

Loud pipes

Save lives

Loud wifes

Lose lives

According to the Harley crowd anyways........Lol

Guantanamo Joe

Also, RC DAD, I love that setup... I would have never thought of something like that on my own. So the Pro-line body fits over the jetpro and then you did that to use the silencer plus deflect where the exhaust comes out... I want it!!!

Guantanamo Joe

WOO HOO!!! My mail clerk came through for me today- I have not opened the box yet, but my new MT is here!!!! I also got my radar gun in, so now I can quit guessing at how fast some of these are going!!! I hope I have time before Sunday to get my FLYSKY receiver in and do a locktite party!!!

G

Glad you got it!

Get here broken in and have fun!

Get those pics up when your paint job is finished.

Guantanamo Joe

So I woke up early this afternoon so that I could lock-tite everything and get my fly-sky receiver in... gave everything a once over and went over to my Soldier's house to talk about the paint job... Only to find out that he left the Island this morning on leave and will be gone for a MONTH!!!!! GRRRR!!!!

Damn you, Murphy... ha ha ha

G

That sucks. :(

Oh well you can run the XT body on it for a while.

How do you like that pit mat?

Guantanamo Joe

That pit mat is amazing... It is thinner than I thought but tough as nails regardless... First thing I did when I got home this morning was put that on my kitchen table and put the MT on top... I like the little segments at the bottom of the mat- they are great for keeping different screws separated.

Guantanamo Joe

I might try to paint the body myself... but this is my first time- so I'm a little nervous.

Also, there is no such things as lexan specific paint on the Island... anybody have any suggestions?

G

I would order some then. You don't want to put in the effort and have it flake off. I say give it a go yourself. You got to learn someday, right? I practice by cutting 2 liter soda bottles in half. Try painting patterns inside of them. They make for great practice. There is lots of tutorials on YouTube for RC body painting. It to fun not to do! :)

G

Guantanamo Joe said:
That pit mat is amazing... It is thinner than I thought but tough as nails regardless... First thing I did when I got home this morning was put that on my kitchen table and put the MT on top... I like the little segments at the bottom of the mat- they are great for keeping different screws separated.
I tried to talk my wife into using them for place mats for the little ones. She didn't even find me amusing. LOL

Guantanamo Joe

I personally cant think of a better place mat... ha ha ha

The paint cant be ordered here because it is hazmat and the post office is full of prudes ;) . I had not thought of the coke bottle idea, but once again we suck here because there is no such thing as a 2 litre soda... everything is in cans.

I was wondering though about the paint- if I found something that is made for plastic stuff, what about scuffing up the inside of the body some with some fine grit sand paper-do you think that would help the paint stick?

G

Yes if you scuff it up. Fine scotchbright pads work good. Stay away from the windows unless you paint them black. (tinted look) The spray paint for plastic should be fine.

Guantanamo Joe

My thoughts for a paint scheme are this:

Black windows on the side and back, leave the front clear.

OD Green for the main body, but paint that old school army star on the hood and front doors (maybe tailgate too)... kinda like the old Willy's Jeep.

It's simple, but I think it could turn out pretty neat. If I had more experience, I would love to try to put some Military Police logos on it, but I might just have to look for decals.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online