• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Moving up in the world

G

Another tip is to do the darkest colors first and lightest last.

Guantanamo Joe

one of the videos said that- I would have never thought of that. Painting the inside fo the body makes you take everything you know about painting- and reverse it. This is going to take some concentration- I had better not try it while under the influence.

G

Guantanamo Joe said:
one of the videos said that- I would have never thought of that. Painting the inside fo the body makes you take everything you know about painting- and reverse it. This is going to take some concentration- I had better not try it while under the influence.
LOL

I actually do better that way. It calms me. I'm always wanting things done ASAP. So it adds to my patience. :)

Guantanamo Joe

good point there.

I am watching a video right now and he is using a "liquid mask". Pretty cool product if you ask me.

I use a lot of rubber cement in my leather work- I wonder if that might do the same thing? It sticks to anything and then you can rub it off when you are done.

Guantanamo Joe

Good, I want to try the rubber cement method and use a marker to color on the protective coating... after watching a lot of youtube videos, I think I can do my simple job pretty easily. I know my first won't exactly be the best, but I bet I can do pretty well with it... Now I cant wait to get all my supplies together :D

G

A couple of concerns.

1. Can you cut a clean line into it?

2. The solvents in the glue could react with the paint.

I would try it on something else first. Look in your MT packaging. There is lexan scraps placed to keep the wheel axles from poking through the cardboard. If you still have them you could try it out first.

Guantanamo Joe

we do have 1.5 litre water bottles... I think I will try them out- seeing as I already chunked the giant box... took up a lot of space in the dining room and my wife was already eyeballing me as she asked "so, what is different about this one than your dune jumper thing?"

My answer: Nothing that you would notice... ah ha ha

Guantanamo Joe

Ok... the MT body is painted and I think it turned out pretty well for my first time (it's a 6 footer). However, I am trying to separate this film from the outside the body and maybe Im crazy, but Im just not sure it's there.... this could suck, I have marker all over the body. Any tips? Is it so well stuck on that I cant find a seam?

Guantanamo Joe

http://i1051.photobucket.com/albums/s436/aaronheizer/DSC_0488.jpg

http://s1051.photobucket.com/albums/s436/aaronheizer/?action=view&current=DSC_0489.jpg

http://s1051.photobucket.com/albums/s436/aaronheizer/?action=view&current=DSC_0490.jpg

http://s1051.photobucket.com/albums/s436/aaronheizer/?action=view&current=DSC_0491.jpg

So here is the truck... I was so happy with the results right up to the final step. I painted some satin laquer to dull the green paint- seeing as it is supposed to be an Army truck. The humidity this morning is rediculous, so it dried all hazy...

It's a "6 foot" paint job, but seeing as the truck will NEVER sit still, nobody will get a detailed look to criticize... ha ha ha

G

Those are URLs. Use the image code.

And make it quick. I want to see it now! LOL

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.