• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Moving up in the world

Guantanamo Joe

So, thanks to RC Pitstop, I am now waiting on delivery of a new MT... I have an xt (which is great) and a dunerunner (which is a badass) and I just cant wait to get this truck in. We have a Soldier down here who is a miracle worker with an air brush- I cant wait to see what he can do to a rampage body!!!

G

Thank you!

And yes post some pics please. Always like to see the custom paint jobs!

Guantanamo Joe

Does the Jetpro side pipe (Currently on sale with DDM for 139.00 fit on the MT with the body? Do the side pipes affect the body (heat?)

How many people burn their hands on side pipes trying to re-start their trucks?

G

Unfortunately you have to trim the pipe side of the body about 1/2 way up. And yes you learn to watch out when reaching for the pullstarter.

Deluge

Guantanamo Joe said:
Does the Jetpro side pipe (Currently on sale with DDM for 139.00 fit on the MT with the body? Do the side pipes affect the body (heat?)How many people burn their hands on side pipes trying to re-start their trucks?
You'll have to trim the body a bit. And get some gloves. I keep a set of Mechanix gloves in my box for this exact reason.

Guantanamo Joe

Ok... another question... the jetpro has a "silencer". Is it worth the extra 25 bucks? I will admit that after running my dunerunner (with X CAN) for a while, The sound gets a little un-nerving. I find myself running it on the other side of the field from where I stand ;o)

G

Personally I love the sound of the Jetpro. I have the silencer as well. It does quiet it down. Works great when I am running where there are people that might not appreciate the sound of a two stroke the way I do.

Guantanamo Joe

Well, though the sound can get to me after 30 minutes of running or so, it apparantly gets on someone in my neighborhood's nerves immediately. I have been complained against for playing with my cars in the street. I wish I could figure out who complained, I would remind them that they should not weed-eat because it's too loud for my delicate little ears :eek: )

Guantanamo Joe

I also just bought a "radar gun" from Amazon... so the pipe will have to wait until I can make another leather project because tonight's fun budget is spent... ha ha ha an MT, a radar gun, a gear plate to run the belt drive on the MT, a pit mat from RC Pitstop... I do believe I had better make my wife a really good breakfast when she wakes up in the morning... ha ha ha

Guantanamo Joe

Well, I definately cant go without telling her- she will definately notice a new 40lb truck in the garage... ha ha ha... But I do leatherwork on the side and she is cools as long as I use the extra money I get from that for my man-child toys... she still rolls her eyes pretty big though... ha ha ha

Guantanamo Joe

yep...

but now I have to pimp some more leather work... I will make a couple of baseballs or something because I need a killer bee for the new truck and one for my XT... I love the bee on my Dunerunner, so convenient to turn it off from the remote.

krashkrieg

Contributor
Guantanamo Joe said:
yep...but now I have to pimp some more leather work... I will make a couple of baseballs or something because I need a killer bee for the new truck and one for my XT... I love the bee on my Dunerunner, so convenient to turn it off from the remote.
That's great, I use (mostly) side job $ as well to support this highly addictive habit ...and im sure we're not the only ones.... :p

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.