• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

looking for bug body for MT

claude bigelow

carp boyz said:
neither can I man,always wanted to army something uphopefully the pipe and body will be in next week

only thing,too bad I already ordered the dom pipe for the mt,was gonna keep it a truck at first but decided it had to be Bugged up instead,might just be a CPI rear mount in the next order lol wtf
Life is short, can't take money with you in the end. So why not get the small things in life that make you Happy!!!

carp boyz

Banned
claude bigelow said:
Life is short, can't take money with you in the end. So why not get the small things in life that make you Happy!!!
your soo right man,couldn't agree more and at least this hobby ain't so hard on the body lol it's just to bad the list of little things never ends lmao

and to top if off I've got another 4 hpi projects on the go,all 1/5 scale and all totally up-graded front to back,man I gotta try to finish up some of these babies :D

claude bigelow

carp boyz said:
your soo right man,couldn't agree more and at least this hobby ain't so hard on the body lol it's just to bad the list of little things never ends lmaoand to top if off I've got another 4 hpi projects on the go,all 1/5 scale and all totally up-graded front to back,man I gotta try to finish up some of these babies :D
Good luck with all of them. I just frustrated waiting on parts, but at the end of the day we just enjoying life. If I had the space and could hide all of them from my lady I would do the same.

carp boyz

Banned
claude bigelow said:
Good luck with all of them. I just frustrated waiting on parts, but at the end of the day we just enjoying life. If I had the space and could hide all of them from my lady I would do the same.
thanks

ya waiting for parts has got to be the worse,that and the first of each month lol

not sure who's more persistent,the ole lady or the ole lady at the bank :D ;) it's pretty close

carp boyz

Banned
RCDAD said:
The Rally shocks are much shorter than the XT/XB shocks.
when you say the Rally shocks are much shorter than the XT/XB's would you happen to have any #'s?

3/4" to 1" would be perfect I think,a 1/2" shorter shock doesn't really drop the ride height that much or does it?

be nice to figure this out,man I miss manuals :confused:

shock chart with dimensions would be groovy ;)

carp boyz

Banned
RCDAD said:
good pics but they still don't give you any dimensions

there's gotta be some way or somewhere you can get the lengths of the different shocks from center pivot ball to center pivot ball,gotta be listed somewhere??

when I looked up the front and rear shocks for the XB they're both different part #'s without any lengths of course,with 2 different parts #'s wouldn't that mean that their also different lengths?

G

They are about 137mm long fully extended. That's from bolt holt to bolt hole.

We only have one pair left.

carp boyz

Banned
RCDAD said:
They are about 137mm long fully extended. That's from bolt holt to bolt hole.We only have one pair left.
thanks

is that for the front and/or rear shocks for the xt/xb? the part #'s are 07102 front and 07103 rear

the rally shocks do look like they might be a little to short but then again that's judging by the picture

G

The X-series shocks are about 1/2 inch shorter than the MT shocks.

carp boyz

Banned
never did find out the actual overall length of the xb/xt shocks but I did manage to find out the lengths of the actual shocks shafts themselves

xb front shock shaft 80mm

mt front shock shaft 94mm

xb rear shock shaft 85mm

mt rear shock shaft 100mm

I'm guessing the shock bodies would also be shorter

anyways I ordered the front and rear shocks for the xb,if anything I'll fab some new shock towers to go along with them,something with more than 2 adjustment holes,this should give me more options for lowering or raising the ride height as required,also ordered up the new Hormann beetle body today,can't wait to start this build,now it's just the waiting game for the parts

this baby will be known as Da Crusha lol

timberbill11

Supporting Member
XT shocks

XT non resivor shock length, center of bolt - eye to eye =

Front = 6.1875" or 157.1625 mm

Rear = 6.750" or 174.45 mm

carp boyz

Banned
timberbill11 said:
XT non resivor shock length, center of bolt - eye to eye = Front = 6.1875" or 157.1625 mm

Rear = 6.750" or 174.45 mm
thanks man

even though I've ordered them already would you happen to know the lengths of the front and rear XB shocks?

curiosity is killin me lol hopefully or would be nice if they would be at least 3/4" shorter

timberbill11

Supporting Member
thanks maneven though I've ordered them already would you happen to know the lengths of the front and rear XB shocks?

curiosity is killin me lol hopefully or would be nice if they would be at least 3/4" shorter
My XB & Chimera EP have (had) the same shocks and according to the parts manual, both printed and online at Redcat:

# 07102 front shocks

# 07103 Rear shocks fit the XT, XSC, XBE, XB, Chimera EP & SR

crazyfast

Killer bug! Lets see more pics with that body!! Been eying bug bodies for awhile now....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts