• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

looking for bug body for MT

carp boyz

Banned
well it's finally time for a new body for the redcat rampage monster truck

are there any other styles available besides the truck body

is there a bug body out there that fit the MT'S running the large truck tires

all info appreciated thanks

carp boyz

Banned
I tried fitting Proline bug body on the MT a couple of weeks ago and didn't like the size of it,a little to big Imo more sized for the bajas I find

today we tried an FG beetle body and it fit almost perfectly,nice wheel base and not too much body

the only thing I'd like to change is the front shock tower,something that sits approx 1/2" to 1" lower,like to have it clear the body a little more while lowering the front of the body as well

are there shorter/lower front and rear shock towers available as well the shocks to fit?

don't want to drop it a lot,was thinking about keeping the a-arms straight,something in between

any help appreciated

quite new to these,now if it were a baja ;)

G

You could just cut it down and run the XT shocks. They are about 1/2 inch shorter. You would have to drill new shock holes.

The Redcat Rally tower will fit but the rally shocks might be a bit small to handle the huge MT tires.

carp boyz

Banned
RCDAD said:
You could just cut it down and run the XT shocks. They are about 1/2 inch shorter. You would have to drill new shock holes.The Redcat Rally tower will fit but the rally shocks might be a bit small to handle the huge MT tires.
decided not to run the huge MT tires regularly,might try them every now and then but I decided to swap out the hubs and start with running the stock HPI 5t rims with some rodeo's I had kickin around,hopefully the rally shocks can handle these,their still a tall tire but a lot narrower and lighter

with the shocks being a 1/2" shorter does that also mean I can drop the top of the shock tower 1/2" as well? or could I drop it a bit more than that ie 3/4"-1" and the shocks still work/perform properly

if possible I could always whip up a new tower,the design is pretty well straight forward/simple,like mentioned earlier I don't mind dropping the chassis down a bit but I still wanna bash it without bottoming out too easily

carp boyz

Banned
are the XT shocks and the rally shocks the same? lenght/size

would you happen to have the lenghts of these different shocks,soo much nicer to have demensions/sizes

G

with the shocks being a 1/2" shorter does that also mean I can drop the top of the shock tower 1/2" as well? or could I drop it a bit more than that ie 3/4"-1" and the shocks still work/perform properly
Yes you can. You can also angle the shocks in some like many of the buggies do.

That reminds me. The Dune Runner front tower will also fit.

G

carp boyz said:
are the XT shocks and the rally shocks the same? lenght/sizewould you happen to have the lenghts of these different shocks,soo much nicer to have demensions/sizes
The Rally shocks are much shorter than the XT/XB shocks.

carp boyz

Banned
RCDAD said:
Yes you can. You can also angle the shocks in some like many of the buggies do.That reminds me. The Dune Runner front tower will also fit.
RCDAD said:
The Rally shocks are much shorter than the XT/XB shocks.
sorry for all the questions but I'm new to these and finding lengths of the different shocks isn't so easy for a newbie

is there somewhere I can find out the lengths of the rally,xt/xb and mt shocks?

and is the dune runner front tower also lower?

carp boyz

Banned
here's a pic from earlier on,it's not the best pic but you can see it with the rodeos mounted one one side,if I had a better pic you'd be able to see a bit better that the body could be dropped an extra half inch or so ,just enough to give it more of a street look without loosing much suspension

the rear shock tower's not bad but the front definitely has to be dropped a bit,not much but a bit

the way it sits right now is the rear of the roof of the beetle body is sitting about the same height as the top of the box of the mt truck body,so it can be lowered and look proper

Last edited by a moderator:
G

I'd start with the DR shock tower.

The shocks will angle in. You won't have to get new shocks.

G

Here's a photo of it.

carp boyz

Banned
RCDAD said:
I'd start with the DR shock tower.The shocks will angle in. You won't have to get new shocks.
thanks,wonder if DDM carries them?

one thing I did notice,if you angle the shocks inward the spring rubs against the rear upper arm,maybe it'll clear with the shock shimmed out on top by 2mm maybe 3

carp boyz

Banned
RCDAD said:
Here's a photo of it.
would you happen to know if the dune runner front shock tower sits lower and by how much?

don't mind buying DR tower but it would have to sit a minimum of 1/2" lower to be able to lower the front end of the beetle body

carp boyz

Banned
well just checked DDM's site and they don't have much of a selection of parts for any of redcats in general

would someone happen to know of a good place to order parts for all of the redcat models,somewhere with a good selection

where abouts do most of you dudes order in from?

carp boyz

Banned
well from the pics I've seen of the Dom pipe mounted it sits pretty high,looks like it might be tough to fit the FG beetle body along with that pipe

I'll see a bit better when the pipe arrives,hopefully I'll be able to have the pipe modded,perhaps if I can lower the pipe enough I'll be able to install the body

I'm thinking that maybe just maybe I'll be able to cut the one side of the body down the side and mount it back together with the plastic pins and body clips,something similar to the rear side pods on the baja

maybe the CPI rear mount pipe? too bad it's soo long at the rear,is it a silencer they have at the end?

claude bigelow

carp boyz said:
here's a pic from earlier on,it's not the best pic but you can see it with the rodeos mounted one one side,if I had a better pic you'd be able to see a bit better that the body could be dropped an extra half inch or so ,just enough to give it more of a street look without loosing much suspensionthe rear shock tower's not bad but the front definitely has to be dropped a bit,not much but a bit

the way it sits right now is the rear of the roof of the beetle body is sitting about the same height as the top of the box of the mt truck body,so it can be lowered and look proper
That's one tough looking beetle!!!

carp boyz

Banned
claude bigelow said:
That's one tough looking beetle!!!
thanks

gonna take it easy on this build at first,figured I'd get er back up and running then I'll start to up-grade as I find out or start to break ;)

buddy of mine is giving me a hand on this one,pretty sure we're going with the 4077 mash beetle look on this one,something army-ed up,should look a little different than usual

was supposed to do up a mash style Sawbuck first but what the hell,might as well go big and go 2-stroke right off the bat :D

carp boyz

Banned
claude bigelow said:
Sounds like a plan, can't wait to see it finished!!!
neither can I man,always wanted to army something up

hopefully the pipe and body will be in next week

only thing,too bad I already ordered the dom pipe for the mt,was gonna keep it a truck at first but decided it had to be Bugged up instead,might just be a CPI rear mount in the next order lol wtf

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts