• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Just purchased my first gas rc.

Ecobeast

Just purchased my first gas rc tonight. I've done some research on nitro/electric/gas and different brands and I decided to go with the Redcat Rampage MT. It also comes with the tuned exhaust which i will install at some point. Wasn't sure if I can throw it on right away or wait untill after i do the initial break in. Wanted to know if anyone has any tips for me on the initial start up and break in once it arrives. Really any info is appreciated since this is my first rc. Thanks in advance.

92 vert

I would throw the pipe on and while you are at it check all screws.
Lots of info on forum regarding break in. OBR video is helpful.
Outerwares and a kill switch are important upgrades as well.

Last edited:

dalentx

i wouldnt use that tuned pipe...buy yourself a DDM dominator pipe you will like it much better...i have this pipe on mine...its better than the tuned pipe i got with mine

Ecobeast

Thanks alot guys. That video is very helpful answered alot of my questions. I can't wait for my truck to arrive now. lol Another question is where do you guys suggest to buy oem parts or aftermarket parts. I normally shop ebay for stuff that's actually where I bought the truck from.

G-Man

Thanks alot guys. That video is very helpful answered alot of my questions. I can't wait for my truck to arrive now. lol Another question is where do you guys suggest to buy oem parts or aftermarket parts. I normally shop ebay for stuff that's actually where I bought the truck from.
Whats up Ecobeast and welcome!! I use mostly OEM parts, like plastic control arms and steering knuckles. I have only broke 1 Front upper arm and 2 steering knuckles. Every time it was my fault hitting unmovable objects. It takes some time to get the hang of how big the MT really is and how it handles too. Um as far as where to buy parts. ebay, amazon if you are in a hurry, but ddmracing.com is most 5th scalers choice. Great customer service. emails answered by a qualified tech who knows his stuff if you have questions. I will say this the CVA axles could be better. The setscrews like to come loose then the drive pin comes out and gets lost and you are down. I have a method that solved that issue. PM me and I will go over it with you. Other than that it is a beast!!! enjoy

dalentx

Whats up Ecobeast and welcome!! I use mostly OEM parts, like plastic control arms and steering knuckles. I have only broke 1 Front upper arm and 2 steering knuckles. Every time it was my fault hitting unmovable objects. It takes some time to get the hang of how big the MT really is and how it handles too. Um as far as where to buy parts. ebay, amazon if you are in a hurry, but ddmracing.com is most 5th scalers choice. Great customer service. emails answered by a qualified tech who knows his stuff if you have questions. I will say this the CVA axles could be better. The setscrews like to come loose then the drive pin comes out and gets lost and you are down. I have a method that solved that issue. PM me and I will go over it with you. Other than that it is a beast!!! enjoy
Well as I see my screws come loose I use lock time on mine

G-Man

Well as I see my screws come loose I use lock time on mine
Ya man I've found that loctite by itself isn't enough for those cva pin set screws. It works on most of the other screws though.. Gave fun man!!

G-Man

If you go on ebay and message the seller they may send you an invoice through pay pal not ebay. I got mine for $614 shipped that way. I think he was called tri county racing on there but I looked he doesn't seem to be on anymore. Maybe another seller will do it for you. I didn't get the alloy redcat pipe that people complain about being junk and breaking. Ddm has a blemished version of their dominator for $50 off the regular price. I see no blemishes. Hope this helps and Happy rc'ing

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts