• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Jetpro Pipe for Ramp XT and MT....same?

brio

I'm looking into a Jetpro pipe for my XT but on DDM's site, they only have the one for the MT which I don't believe is interchangeable, or is it? I saw in an older thread a different pipe for the XT. I would think it should be diff because the chassis on the both trucks are different. If you guys have any idea, let me know. Thanks.

The DDM Ramp jetpro pipe:

http://www.davesmotors.com/s.nl/c.885035/n.1/it.A/id.1764/.f

Jetpro pipe for XT on Jetpro site:

http://www.jetpro.com/index.php/rc-cars/redcat/redcat-xb-xt-sidemount

k.jensen

the first pipe is for the old rampage TT and the MT, it dosn't fit the XT/XB

the second one is for the XT/XB (I'm using this pipe on my xb)

k.jensen

Well I have been racing and bashing with it.

the preformance is perfect, the only thing that can't keep up is my gears (I can hear the power from the engine, it's not even close to the top speed), I've changed my gears to get more topspeed since I've got an insane accleration. also I have replaced the stock 30.5cc HY engine with a 26cc Zenorah engine, there was NO power in the stock HY engine.

more important is that the pipe dosen't have a god damn scratch, and I'm jumping/crashing like hell.

all in all the pipe is worth every penny!!

not direct from jetpro/dino, but from jetpro do my supplyer and on to me :D

brio

So, ur saying I shld just forget the pipe and get a Zenoah engine. :D Well I'm in the US and seems like I have to get it direct from JetPro. I can't find any suppliers for the XT specific pipe. As far as gearing change, you just switched A & B gears?

rob64n

Contributor
brio said:
So, ur saying I shld just forget the pipe and get a Zenoah engine. :D Well I'm in the US and seems like I have to get it direct from JetPro. I can't find any suppliers for the XT specific pipe. As far as gearing change, you just switched A & B gears?
switch up your a and b if you are running the 29/31. put the 31 up on the clutchbell. and if you want more launch add an 813 carb and a 7500 rpm clutch spring and you will like it alot........

k.jensen

brio said:
yeah get the pipe from jetpro, u will loooove it :D only upgrade to a Zenoah engine or a CY engine, if your engine feels kinda dead (mine came with a HY engine, now that sucks).

I run these for gears: 31/29/26/24 (stock it ran 29/31/25/25 it was wicked slow all arround).

I simply loove this car, I crushed the fastet lap time on our track, it was set by a upgraded MCD comp that costs 6 times more than my XB.

Lenny7118

DDM Dominator Pipe fd158 for Redcat XT

Hello, I don't know who to believe already. I saw a you tube video with Redcat Rampage XT stock setup running with a DDM Dominator Pipe. I email the person that uploaded the video he sent me pictures of the pipe on the truck. I emailed him back to confirmed if he made any mods to fit the pipe to the truck. I like DDM over the Jetpro. The person that claims the pipe fits has not gotten back to me yet so it's making me wonder?

I do know that for sure the DDM pipe will fit on engines sold from DDM Motors.

[ame]

[/ame]

G

I do know that for sure the DDM pipe will fit on engines sold from DDM Motors.
The exaust port on the zen, cy & hy engines are the same. The pipes all bolt up. The difference is how the route the pipe to get around objects like the roll cage, shock towers ect....

Lenny7118

RCDAD said:
The exaust port on the zen, cy & hy engines are the same. The pipes all bolt up. The difference is how the route the pipe to get around objects like the roll cage, shock towers ect....
Thanks,

I emailed the guy that put the pipe on. He said no mods done to pipe or engine ! He sent me 8 pics. I did see it looks like he had to cut the roll cage to make it fit. I don't like that idea.

I like the sound of the DDM pipe over the Jetpro ( DDM is a Bit more muffled sounding to me and Jetpro is more winning )Don't know what's taking DDM so long to come out with their pipe for the XT.

G

Did you check out the flow system pipe? There is a thread with pics on from him. He designed it just for the XT.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts