• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Is this a good engine choice?

G

Nice RCMK! And yeah, their descriptions seem to be all over the place.
It honestly looks like a bunch of copy & paste with info added here and there.

TerraKill

just got an email back and they said the engine is rated 7.5hp!!!!! wow!!!!!!!!

best power for buck i ever seen!

Last edited by a moderator:
G

Sounds good to me.

Might have to throw on in the XSC. I could run it against my 7.5hp OBR in the XB. It would be good video material if nothing else.

Guantanamo Joe

Ill be buying one as well, just wondering if I should buy it now and keep it in the closet till needed, or just wait until it is needed to spend the 300 bucks...

Then again, I am saving my pennies for an XSC, maybe I will just start a slow build :D

Guantanamo Joe

This is true... but you see, I have a delima here... If I have more trucks then the odds of having one running all the time are greater... if I have less trucks, then they may not all run at the same time, but when they do, I can afford to make them killers... ha ha ha

so, quality vs quantity once again :D

bigboysrctoys

So do we think this 7.5 hp is tru? Im tore between the esp head upgrade or this now. Im headed on vac the middle of the week here and want to order 1 or the other so its here when I return. Would this engine be a better choice than the head upgrade for the dr?

bigboysrctoys

Well I talked to the company about 5 min ago, the engine is more around 6.5 hp and 3lbs of torque. I still ordered it along with the rear dom. Hoping this setup w the 990 carb, belt drive, and 8000 clutch should run pretty good.

bigboysrctoys

The torque means more 2 me than top end the few local tracks here are not long enuff to get full speed on anyways. But still at 6.5 hp it should rip!

Guantanamo Joe

yeah... I don't know what stock is, but I know it is not more than 3... so this is twice the power at least... good deal for a good price, I bet after this thread, Gizmo is about to be out of stock...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts