• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Is this a good engine choice?

TerraKill

looks like a nice engine, good reviews and a great price!!

ive just ordered the Rcmk Pro mod 30.5 long block from gizmo, would be nice to have some1 to compair with :)

TerraKill

Trip.. said:
Can you elaborate on this?
lol how can i elaborate,

ummmm...

i only say this because if they rated the engine at 7.5hp it would be in the main item description as a massive selling point,

but its not in the item description, its in brackets next to the flywheel bulliten

"- Our Mod flywheel installed

(Rated at 7.5 HP and over 3lbs of torque) "

when some1 types somthing in this style it would give me the opinion that only the flywheel is rated 7.5hp

but as i said i could be wrong, the engine might be 7.5hp

Last edited by a moderator:

Guantanamo Joe

I have also looked at that engine- thought for the price 7.5hp would be great... but I came to the same conclusion... I think just the flywheel is rated so high... :(

TerraKill

Guantanamo Joe said:
I have also looked at that engine- thought for the price 7.5hp would be great... but I came to the same conclusion... I think just the flywheel is rated so high... :(
i don't think people should be put off by that, go have a read on other forums, people only say great things about that engine

Guantanamo Joe

I don't mean to influence people one way or the other- but when I figured that part out, I decided on the ported modified head replacement for my current engine...

TerraKill

GTS 666 said:
I believe that they are rating the engine at 7.5hp. That's why it's in brackets at the end of the description.
i only think its the flywheel because they have used there discriptions diffrently on other engines like this one, and the grammer is all wrong

http://www.gizmomotors.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage_images.tpl&product_id=2229&category_id=26&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=56

i wouldnt hide 7.5hp in brakets at the end, it would be the main selling point :p

ive just emailed them to find out, if the engine is 7.5hp then WOW gotta be one of the best engines on the market for the price :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Ildy666

rampagemt said:
I wanna order this! Any body know where I can get plastic engine covers for this I would rather have to complete engines
Gizmomotors has those plastic cover kits .i bought a chrome cover kit cheap.look at there home page and type in engine covers...

Trip..

TerraKill said:
lol how can i elaborate, ummmm...

i only say this because if they rated the engine at 7.5hp it would be in the main item description as a massive selling point,

but its not in the item description, its in brackets next to the flywheel bulliten

"- Our Mod flywheel installed

(Rated at 7.5 HP and over 3lbs of torque) "

when some1 types somthing in this style it would give me the opinion that only the flywheel is rated 7.5hp

but as i said i could be wrong, the engine might be 7.5hp
I wasn't trying to sound like a douche, I was trying to figure out if you were stating the Flywheel made 7.5hp or the flywheel could handle 7.5hp I was pretty sure you weren't stating the flywheel made 7.5hp but I've read stranger things than this on the forums over the past 5 years.

Deluge

Deluge

TerraKill said:
i only think its the flywheel because they have used there discriptions diffrently on other engines like this one, and the grammer is all wronghttp://www.gizmomotors.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage_images.tpl&product_id=2229&category_id=26&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=56

i wouldnt hide 7.5hp in brakets at the end, it would be the main selling point :p

ive just emailed them to find out, if the engine is 7.5hp then WOW gotta be one of the best engines on the market for the price :D
Nice RCMK! And yeah, their descriptions seem to be all over the place.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts