• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Home Brew Tuned Exhaust/Spark Plug Guard

Chief409

Chief409 said:
USPS says the package from DDM should be delivered today. I HOPE!
NOPE, it isn't here. Guess it got to the local Post Office to late for delivery. Another delay, and tomorrow afternoon is TAX time.

"Patience, young Jedi"

Sigh

Chief409

Just got the good news from the tax accountant. The DR, and mods so far are paid for! Now, a Demon 2 speed for the DR and then next years project. A custom sand buggy.

I'll get some YouTube videos of testing in the back, and at Edwards. But, with the belt drive, the Prostroke and the better pipe, "Hmmm Good"! :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Chief409

It should be "so sweet".

And my T-Maxx max build Monster is feeling neglected!

The Custom Buggy will be something I'll pass on to my Grandson. Yeah, I'm that old, and a 'Nam vet. Only Lotto drawing I ever won was the draft. Retired from the Navy in '93 after 23 years, mostly flying in P-3 Orion aircraft.

Chief409

Got the buggy in the dirt today. OMG! This Dune Runner has turned into a Beast. Touch the throttle and all four Trenchers are spinning. Nail it and it's gone in a flash. Wow. If the Prostock is a mild build, I can't wait to try a Full Race. The Victory RC Big Bore side mount pipe is worth every penny!! Plus the belt drive. The factory gears eat so much power.

Having trouble with uploads to YouTube right now, but video will be following.

Chief409

Running with the Victory RC Big Bore sidemount pipe

WOW!

Touch the throttle and all four Trenchers are digging trenches. Nail it and it's gone in a flash. With a OBR Prostroke, the mildest build. Plus the belt drive removes all the power loss with the stock gears. Which is plenty.

It's like going from a 250 to a 500 dirt bike.

I'm having problems getting video uploaded to YouTube, it will be up as soon as possible.

G

Look'n forward to it. I love the sound of the end bleeds!

Chief409

One thing I do know. On a track it's going to be a handful. Hard to stay ahead of something when all the tires are spinning and running loose! Going to take some finesse on the throttle!

Also, my grumpiest neighbor, who is also a old gear head, said it sounded good, but keep the dust down! Said it looked like a dirt bike out there. He had just finished waxing his truck.

G

Does not open. :(

Chief409

Didn't run with the body, did a bunch of maintenance waiting for the engine kill switch, so no GPS this time.

I've got to get smoother and stay ahead of the buggy now, the DR freaking fly's! No more mashing the throttle and waiting for the buggy to catch up.

It's a BLAST!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.