• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Home Brew Tuned Exhaust/Spark Plug Guard

G

Well said! Here is a cool gif I found on how it works.

Chief409

As the saying goes "something is better then nothing". Some resonance, especially at the low end, is needed with a big, heavy 4X4. Even with engines like OBR's 30.5 Prostroke, built to run with stock exhaust or X-Can exhaust.

I just got back home from the trip up north, and picked up the Victory RC Big Bore pipe at FedEx, but it isn't a Big Bore, it's a standard pipe. Mislabeled plastic bag is my guess. Called and left a voice mail at DDM about this.

However, with the pipe and all the parts in the plastic bag and trial fitting it, it appears there shouldn't be many problems mounting the Victory RC unsilenced side pipe on the Dune Runner.

YEAH, a pipe for a Dune Runner without major mods to the roll cage required!

Last edited by a moderator:

rampagemt

Re: Home Brew Tuned Exhaust/Spark Plug Guard

Ya probably easier then me putting my rear Dom on mine. I have been wanting to buy a vrc side mount its basically a direct fit just need to bend bracket

Chief409

Without taking the pipe and parts out of the plastic bag, the mount to the chassis is the only problem. The front tank mount is in the same area. Should be an easy work around.

Chief409

Verified with DDM I do have the "BIG BORE" pipe. Fits nicely on the Dune Runner, I need a 2.5"X2.25" plate to bolt to the chassis in front of the forward roll cage mount and put the front pipe mount on. The only place the pipe comes close to plastic is a small edge of the body. The plate will move the pipe outward a bit AND make it easier to undo the front mount when you wish to install or remove the body. Plus I removed the light buckets and got them out of the way.

I'll put up pictures of the completed install. I AM planning on running this Friday. Video after.

G

Is it required to remove the light buckets?

Chief409

RCDAD said:
Is it required to remove the light buckets?
Not the left one, but the right one, yeah. With the pipe hooked up at the coupler, but unhooked at the front the body can be wiggled off and on if the right light bucket is gone, with both removed the body can be lifted up to get access to the battery/receiver box without removing it, and leaving the front pipe mount intact.

And the right light bucket was a bit close to the pipe.

Chief409

Finished the install of the VRC BIG BORE unsilenced side pipe. The buggy is now a "Full Function, No Frill's 4X4 Buggy".

First, the front mount for the pipe:

Body clearance:

Front:

Continued,

Chief409

Couple more pictures.

Side:

Top:

Since I got this from RC Pit Stop, I've been on here, looking, commenting and going for a Running 4X4 Buggy! Think I'm almost there, not quite, but closer! :)

Chief409

rampagemt said:
That looks so sweet! Can't you paint those pipes with BBQ paint
Guess I could. But after a tank or two the paint would be gone, sandblasted off by the front Trenchers, so I'm sticking with the "Mad Max", no frills look. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
G

Chief409 said:
Not yet, finished everything after work and need to charge the batteries.
I'm not so patient, and could not avoid the temptation. I would have fired it up just to let everyone know its installed. :D LOL

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts