• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Home Brew Tuned Exhaust/Spark Plug Guard

Chief409

As Yoda said, "Patience young Jedi, the Force is with you."

My neighbors will just think the noise is another dirt bike anyway. And I'll just nod, and say "Yep, guess so."

Last edited by a moderator:

Chief409

Something. Removing the light buckets created a weak point at the attach points. 5mm grub screws fix that. Cannot remove the body without taking the front pipe mount loose, but pull the cotter pins at the front and on the left splash guard and the body is OUT OF THE WAY getting to the battery/RX box.

Tomorrow it's run day on the measured test track behind the house. I'll put up a YouTube link. Added Bonus, I'll put the GPS on and find out what the top speed is. According to OBR this is a torque pipe. Any little bit helps with a 30# 4X4 with big dirt tires.

PS: All the batteries are charged, including the pesky iPod.

alfred e numan

Chief409 said:
As Yoda said, "Patience young Jedi, the Force is with you."My neighbors will just think the noise is another dirt bike anyway. And I'll just nod, and say "Yep, guess so."

Yoda also said-- the force is strong with this one. that pipe will wake up the engine!!

G

I think it's more like "With that pipe, engine wake up, it will." :D

alfred e numan

yoda and solo looked into the cave--- pipes stinger- hans asks- whats in there? yoda sez, only what you take with you. lol.

Chief409

After today "Patience young Jedi" is getting a work out here.

Photo from the pit.

Stuck ignition kill switch, one thing I don't have a spare on hand of. Spent all day searching for one, nada. But I did find the drill adapter with the one way bearing for the Killer RC Power Start, picked up two of those. $9.97 ea. And checked the torque of the cylinder bolts.

So today wasn't a total loss. Yeah.

G

If you have the killer bee you can omit the push button switch for now.

Chief409

RCDAD said:
If you have the killer bee you can omit the push button switch for now.
Thanks RCDAD. But seeing as it's a PITA getting the cooling shroud loose with the engine in the buggy, I'll run after a get a new switch and spares. Think I'll order three of those, and intake and exhaust gasket spares while I'm at it. Right now the carb and filter are in place to keep the dirt out.

Patience Young Jedi. If I keep repeating that I might even believe it. For now, it's "Miller Time".

G

LOL

I've done that before, but not with a pipe.

The DDM shopping cart does not empty after I make a purchase. So if you make another order in a short amount of time you might have to empty the previous order.

Chief409

Just had another dirt bike go by. Boy, I wanted to add to the neighborhood noise level today! I also measured the straight away run on my test track behind the house. 359'. I could go longer, but without a stand, that's far enough.

Chief409

I've thought about taking the 8' step ladder out there more then once over the years. Notice the bushes are thinner to the left. Dune Runner ground maintenance! The 1/10 rigs just stopped.

Chief409

Boring. I planned to run at Devore this weekend. Sigh. Wifey is happy though, I caught up on "Honey Do's".

At least a ignition kill switch won't be a problem again. I ordered 3 of them. :)

Really bored. I just noticed the body of the DR has shrunk away from where the heat from the engine cooling hits on it on the right side. Anyone else notice this with Lexan bodies?

blak__jak

chief your killing me. I've been patiently following along on this thread waiting for your after run review on the new motor pipe combo with video of course. i'm with the other guys. i'd be like a kid at xmas. patience you say. I would have fed yoda a light saber by now. anyways we're all patiently [sort of] waiting. FIRE THAT THING UP!!! just kidding ya but I am awfully curious.

G

Agreed.

I can never install anything without firing it up after. Even it's just a quick run up & down the street. :D

Chief409

Rescue parts left Salt Lake City USPS Priority Mail this morning (OH Yeah, I'm tracking THIS order). Hopefully they'll be in the mailbox Thursday.

I'm curious about this also. I asked the guys at OBR about the performance of the Big Bore pipe vs the VRC Pro pipe on my Prostroke. The Big Bore has more low and mid range torque. Since I have a belt drive installed, and got rid of all the drag and power loss of the stock gears, I'm hoping to see better acceleration. No wheelies, not a 30# 4X4 with a long wheel base. I'd need one of those 70cc monsters to see that! That ain't happening.

rampagemt

RCDAD said:
Agreed.I can never install anything without firing it up after. Even it's just a quick run up & down the street. :D
Couldn't agree with you more. I do it no matter what time it is and I always finish up after 2 am lol my neighbors love it lol ;)

Chief409

Most of us work full time with some odd hours in my neighborhood, or have retired. So we've worked out a "non-aggression" pact over the years.

USPS says the package from DDM should be delivered today. I HOPE!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.