• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Has anyone got nutech big bore shocks on there mt

G

You guys are making me jealous!

Deluge

wealeemt said:
these are the ftx7952 front shocks so there a little bigger then the mt's im thinking more space less wt so might try 35 wt first then i can go both ways
Sounds like a plan! Let us know how you like them when you get them dialed.

TerraKill

40wt is nowere near thick enuff!

i filled my rear with this and it feels like there empty!

i don't know what the shocks come filled with but its atleast 3x's thicker then 40wt, and it still feels a little on the soft side, but its a good starting point, and i wouldnt get anything thinnner then that (im gonna be calling freepawnracing on monday to find out what they come filled with so i can order something thicker

i am correct in saying the higher the number the thicker the fluid yeh?

the bore holes on the plungers are massive in comparisent to stock shocks and hpi shocks

Last edited by a moderator:

TerraKill

Deluge said:
Yep. Higher the number, thicker the fluid.What weight are you running?
im running the fluid the came in the fronts(i don't know what they come filled with, so ill need to call him up),

and i made the mistake of emptying the rears and replacing with wt40:( big mistake.......as said, it feels like theres nothing in them

wealeemt said:
these are the ftx7952 front shocks so there a little bigger then the mt's im thinking more space less wt so might try 35 wt first then i can go both ways
its got nothing to do with the size of the shock body, its all about the size and amount of holes on the plundger

you can have 4 small holes, and 40wt will feel SUPER thick.(like stock baja/Mt shocks)

But you can also have 4 big holes, witch let the 40wt pass tho much faster with less resistance, making it feel super soft! (like on the Ftx/nutech shocks)

Last edited by a moderator:

TerraKill

Deluge said:
Do the Nutech's have different shock pistons available? Or do you pretty much have to work with what you get?
im sure i saw an ajustable plundger somwhere on the net, been trying to find it again for ages.

it looked like you could move a slider buildt into the plundger to cover diffrent size holes

im sure u could get a few extra plundgers and make your own hole set ups, but it would be very time consuming swapping out diffrent plundger hole combos and oil combos to find what you want

i would just buy a few diffrent shock oils and play around with them

im going to start out and buy this shock oil pack for the losi

it comes with 50, 60, 70, 80, 90, 100 wt

gotta be somthing here thick enuff :rolleyes:

http://www.freeprawnracing.co.uk/losa-5241-losi-shock-oil-6pk-50-60-70-80-90-100-wt-losa5241.html

G

rampage idiot said:
WE make you jealous HA you might want to look at the pics of the work you have done CRAP I am the one that is jeoalous! :D
LOL thx man!

G

GTS 666 said:
I would start with the 100wt and see from there no need to mess around.LOL.
:eek:100wt should make a difference. LOL

I don't think the stock shocks would even move with 100wt. LOL

G

TerraKill said:
40wt is nowere near thick enuff!i filled my rear with this and it feels like there empty!

i don't know what the shocks come filled with but its atleast 3x's thicker then 40wt, and it still feels a little on the soft side, but its a good starting point, and i wouldnt get anything thinnner then that (im gonna be calling freepawnracing on monday to find out what they come filled with so i can order something thicker

i am correct in saying the higher the number the thicker the fluid yeh?

the bore holes on the plungers are massive in comparisent to stock shocks and hpi shocks
Thanks for the info. They must have much larger holes in the pistons.

wealeemt

TerraKill said:
im running the fluid the came in the fronts(i don't know what they come filled with, so ill need to call him up),and i made the mistake of emptying the rears and replacing with wt40:( big mistake.......as said, it feels like theres nothing in them

its got nothing to do with the size of the shock body, its all about the size and amount of holes on the plundger

you can have 4 small holes, and 40wt will feel SUPER thick.(like stock baja/Mt shocks)

But you can also have 4 big holes, witch let the 40wt pass tho much faster with less resistance, making it feel super soft! (like on the Ftx/nutech shocks)
That very helpful mate thank you ive got the ftx shocks on route so will try 60 maybe and see what that works like!

G

wealeemt said:
That very helpful mate thank you ive got the ftx shocks on route so will try 60 maybe and see what that works like!
Let us know how it works. ;)

Deluge

wealeemt said:
Sweet! Let us know how it goes.

rampage idiot

TerraKill said:
yeh they fit, and work like a charm!!!im in love with them after this weekend, you need to fit a spring washer to the wishbone pin to move the arm 1-2mm to one side for dogbone clearence then they bolt right on.

im running a pair of front and rear shocks, its working out great, but i wish i had ordered fronts for all round, as rears are abit long, and they will always be compressed (wish isnt good for the spring)

heres some pictures of them mounted to a MT

Ride looks great !can you tell me how much longer the rears are compared to the fronts uncompressed Thanks

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts