• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Has anyone got nutech big bore shocks on there mt

wealeemt

Hi all is there anyone out there that has got nutech big bore shocks on there mt? I was told by someone on this site that they will fit the mt!! But would like to here from people that have them on there car already and see some pics. I also need to know if it takes any mods to get them on correct? :confused:

wealeemt

sweet do you know if i have to have all front or all rear? or will front and rear go on ok!

wealeemt

thats what i thought hopefully someone out there will know if they fit and mate my day:D they look the nuts!!

Deluge

Are they the same length? If I remember correctly, the XB shocks are shorter than the MT shocks. So you MIGHT lose some ground clearance if the Nutech shocks are the same length as the XB shocks. Could be wrong, though. Just thinking out loud. :D

wealeemt

i was looking at them and i thought the same! the front look a bit short. i will wait a bit more before ordering them and see if anyone else has tried them on the mt! really nice shocks aint they think im in love lol:D

G

The big bore Baja shocks will fit. Several have ran Baja shocks on the MT.

wealeemt

that would be just the rears yeah? I would have thought they would be ok just really like the big boys!! Are the baja big bores on the web some where can you send a like mate please;)

wealeemt

Cheers rcdad your a star they look tidy!! I hear there is a discount code for daves store do you know it mate i seen it on a video a few months back :D

wealeemt

Thanks mate you have been a real help i will be ordering them very soon are these good shocks? There more then the other big bores!! Must be good shocks for the cost:confused:

TerraKill

wealeemt said:
Hi all is there anyone out there that has got nutech big bore shocks on there mt? I was told by someone on this site that they will fit the mt!! But would like to here from people that have them on there car already and see some pics. I also need to know if it takes any mods to get them on correct? :confused:
yeh they fit, and work like a charm!!!

im in love with them after this weekend, you need to fit a spring washer to the wishbone pin to move the arm 1-2mm to one side for dogbone clearence then they bolt right on.

im running a pair of front and rear shocks, its working out great, but i wish i had ordered fronts for all round, as rears are abit long, and they will always be compressed (wish isnt good for the spring)

heres some pictures of them mounted to a MT

G

TerraKill said:
yeh they fit, and work like a charm!!!im in love with them after this weekend, you need to fit a spring washer to the wishbone pin to move the arm 1-2mm to one side for dogbone clearence then they bolt right on.

im running a pair of front and rear shocks, its working out great, but i wish i had ordered fronts for all round, as rears are abit long, and they will always be compressed (wish isnt good for the spring)
You have this set up for on road. Would the rears still be to long if a person wanted more suspension droop for an off road setup?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts