• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Got a new one

lightning73

Holy s*** on a stick.......... :eek: .........I cant believe how fast that semi was gettin around the track, it was like it was on rails! Oh and the F1 don't even get me started, if they had a drooling smiley id insert one here......... :D

pipeous

I appreciate it. the semi is my fav all time rc. I was having a good day. the only vid there my upper front left arm was unscrewing. alloy arms and alloy ends are a pain to keep from unscrewing. not enough meat to add a jam nut on the threads so I used teflon tape. worked for a few days. the tires on the f1 suck, that's why I run it alone. new tires will be here next thursday, then I can see what it will do. it's very fast but I am sliding around corners and fighting all the time to keep it straight...I just bought the f1 a short while ago... wanted one for a long time and finally own one. sold my car and bought a mini van (pick it up sunday morning woohoo) so can get more 5th scales in now. vibe was all out of room... ok I want more 5th scales. have to pay off some things and bling what I have first... rally needs a set of plastic parts so I can strip it down.

pipeous

Sam and I just got some bling from Himoto for our cars. pic is a little off. these are really red annodizing. this should solve the stripping knuckle problem. mine are all crazy glued in lol

DSCI0001-3.jpg

pipeous

ok so maybe not red but sure a dark orange. they fit really nice. bearings went in fairly easy and no slop. also changed my bec to a castle. hopefully this cures the glitch I was experiencing. raining today so it'll have to wait for track day tomorrow for testing. if the bloody thing still glitches, I will pull the kill switch wires. after that is the rx...

DSCI0001-4.jpg

Jester

Looks great! I just got the blue hubs. Which are way better then the stock plastic ones! Goodluck

pipeous

all my plastic parts are stripped from over tightening. had 2 rally cars and both were the same. I'll just be replacing the plastic with aluminum as I go is all, well some plastic will go back

Jester

pipeous said:
all my plastic parts are stripped from over tightening. had 2 rally cars and both were the same. I'll just be replacing the plastic with aluminum as I go is all, well some plastic will go back
As my plastic goes, I will replace with aluminum (Blue). Goodluck Bud!

pipeous

I ran in the wet a bit. finally got my glitch figured out. my rx was bad. only had 1 for that radio so it has my spekky now... time to order a new kill switch to work with the spektrum I guess.

my drivetrain is very smooth now, though the gearing is still to low. and it's running rich

[ame]

[/ame]

pipeous

Just ordered 2 new rx's and a couple mcd gears from vancouver hobbies. going to try 33/27 and see how that goes. we are setting up the track again tomorrow so I'll have to run it as is. I have my crap set of Nutech tires to toss on if I feel like drifting on dry pavement

pipeous

I think I sold a few of these cars after today... I had a bad runaway. seems my glitch is still there. I changed to my spectrum radio (all my 5ths run on this radio and I ran them all today) but my kill switch is a v2 so disconnected than until my rx;s show up for my other radio...

my lipo looks puffy. so I think I had another bad lipo. all this hassle for a cheap couple batteries? I have changed everything too. going to open those 2 lipos up tomorrow. maybe it has a bad solder inside or something

anyone who says a redcat is weak now think different in our group. car was screaming around the track and then the big air jump... I was sure the body would at least be toast. I got a tank plus in before the battery went south. gears are in awesome shape aside from pebble that got in one gear. rools smooth... I had tossed f1 tires on my 4wd buggy to try that and it doesn't handle or drift as well as my cat so off come the on road tires. going to keep it for dirt the odd occasion I go do that.

I have earned a new respect for redcat today. this thing is pretty dam robust

pipeous

well I cut open my lipo last night and found a bad solder tab. it was kind of just pushed against the board and sorta tacked but was only connecting by the pressure of the shrink wrap. I have to take it out and see now. got my mcd 33/27 combo installed now and changing in a new rx today so I can hook the kill switch back in.

pipeous

man I hate trouble shooting electronics. ok so here's the scoop. I had a glitch with the stock throttle servo. I pulled it out and replaced it with an airtronics digi I got back from warranty repair. as I have typed here, I have changed near everything and still have glitches.... now I had this servo in a brushless sc truck. it had a schulze esc and a bec. I was getting thermal problems and assumed it was the esc. I pulled the servo and put in another rc, then put a different servo in the sc with a new mamba max. I put the schulze on the shelf and forgot about it... now I am realizing the warranty repair was bunk and I ordered yet another throttle servo (going new this time). good news is my schulze esc might just be fine. expensive esc too

man alive, all this changing and swapping crap around. I sold the radio and bought another too but it still glitched with my spektrum and the new owner loves the radio I sold him LOL arghhh

anyway. I won't have it going this sunday but should have it ready to rumble for the next meet. I also ordered parts for my dirt bike from tower, so stocked up on airbrush paints. going to finally get the mercedes clk gtr painted up

pipeous

Well I finally got a bunch of parts to do a strip down. They used red loktite on a few sets screws from the factory so I lost a couple to stripping... I have 2 cvd's that will never ome apart again haha... and the wheel square for the main gear on the clutchbell has to get cut off. even the grab it's wouldn't work. I got one stripped one out with the grab it... the other... well since I rarely run my TB2 I just snagged a wheel square from it and ordered a new one.

So now I have new front and rear bulkheads, motor side plate set, and added an alloy center dif mount. Scott from Vancouver Hobbies had one with him when he came to our on road bash last weekend. new bearings glued in with smimming on the outer race to remove the slop. I just dremmeled a slot in the side to get an allen wrench in on the outdrive setscrew.

So finally all the ,loktite has been done. I put 100k dif oil in front and 50k in back. now it should be a drift machine. I also replaced the airtronics digi servo with a hitec 5645 so we'll see if that solves the problem.

pipeous

And just wanted to toss a pic in of my balding semi tires. belts are showing through now. not bad, these tires are expensive but have far outlasted any other on road tire I have used. looks like another $300 going out the window soon though

DSCI0005-1.jpg

DSCI0006-1.jpg

pipeous

Ok so while I had the Subaru body off, I decided to check the Mercedes body for fit again... I just love the look and was showing a bud honestly... I have paint coming from tower to paint up the new shell, so deciding what to paint... the new pipe doesn't fit under the shell NOOOOOO

I'd have to cut out just under the drivers' side window about a 3 inch slot to clear the blue coupler. I could remove the exterior add on silencer and just have the exhaust shot out the side but still be a fairly big hole. so I contacted my bud that got my other rally. asked if he'd swap pipes with me. I am giving him this subaru body as well. his is cracked bad letting someone else drive and hit a pole... he's down with the swap so I will have the vrc side pipe going into mine

lowtek

Pipeous;

Looking at your latest pics; does your pipe fit inside the the supplied body without cutting ? Been planning on a pipe soon but was thinking the same pipe with the underside outlet might be better.

pipeous

ya it fits fine inside the subaru body. I got Dino at Jet Pro to make a different silencer for the end so it points down out the back. Just ask him for the Rally silencer ;)

the mercedes clk gtr is basically a low wedge. I'll still have to put a hole in the door for the side pipe, but to use this pipe I'd have to remove the silencer and run it out the side. I don't like unsilenced pipes... ask any of the guys I run with. I will say I hate Dominators at least once a meeting. LOL

I bought this body before I even had an engine for the car. I bought it as a roller and took it to the on road meet. George carried the body over and went to set it on and I said that won't fit, it's a 535mm wid fg... it fits? bergonzoni makes those huh? ok how much... and I bought it. be cheaper to buy a new pipe than to buy a new body and this will just look way too cool. my semi is mercedes too. so kinda like them

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts