• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Got a new one

pipeous

Just met Scott from Vancouver Hobbies at Tim Horton's (where else do you get service like this but from these smaller dealers... they are the best) and grabbed my Rally. I had one before which a buddy now has... Now he's got another 4wd to race against. I need to get a motor still as this is a roller, but I laid my new Jet Pro pipe inside and snapped a pic.

I'll get more/better pics in a while

DSCI0003.jpg

wurthman

Congratulation on your new ride, hope we can see a video soon as well.

And the pipe stock? or after market.

Last edited by a moderator:

pipeous

I still need a motor.. I nearly donated my gt5r motor last night as I am doing a chassis swap on it and had to dremmel the motor case to make the mounts work

out of the box these things handle great. tires are sticky. my bud did a little video back in dec of the other one I had with the cy 23 and vrc pipe. this jet pro fits nice and no cutting holes in the body. it points down near the rear bumper with the silencer.

I'll use my POS stock gt5r tires for some drifting fun too. they were useless for on road driving a 2wd but on this car they will be fun to do some drifting. I'll have to hit up a drift meet with the subaru and show those weenie 1/10's how it's done hehe

I won't/can't run stock pipes.

pipeous

I know Redcat discontinued the rally but many of the rampage parts still fit, and for about $350 at Himoto you can get all the bling parts.

I found a great deal on a cy 27. as soon as I get started my painting contract, I can order a motor. I just bought so much crap on the old mastercard, I got the 10 min talk at the table 2 days ago when the bill arrived. My detailing contract called and cancelled me for this week (dealership) as they didn't take in any trade ins, and my real car just got out of the body shop, and my courtesy car was a friggin corolla. I couldn't fit any of my gear in the car so took a week off and wrenched all my rc's. I had gotten a new 1/8 motorcycle so that kept me busy most of the week

pipeous

I scored today. we had a get together and one of the guys used to distribute large scale way back. He had a few bodies so I said to bring them along. I got this gem brand new and it's perfect wheelbase for my rally. I am friggin giddy man

DSCI0002.jpg

DSCI0001.jpg

DSCI0003-1.jpg

pipeous

I can't stop looking at it. we've been babbling and looking at google pics. 20 pages and at least 18 are silver. I know I don't want silver now for sure.

This body is fg but really old. they don't exist in this wheelbase. the fg version now is just for the 535mm wide wheelbase. when he carriedout of the truck I though well my mustang is busted up. maybe 535 on that... he dropped it on and it was bang on.

now I am getting a cy27 for a good price. should it go in the rally? or put that in my 4wd buggy and steal the 26 for this... I've never had a 27 and wonder how close they are in power to a 26

DanSpd

Does jetpro fit inside perfectly? I might be getting rally instead of dunerunner and putting my jetpro there.

pipeous

ya the pipe fits good. I have the silencer and dino made me one that points down at the back. I ordered a cy 27. thinking aout putting that in the buggy and tossing the 26 in the car.

pipeous

Got the cy27 mounted in, Jetpro pipe, servos, linkages.

Just have to figure where to mount the lipo and bec now and it's ready to fire up

I'll run for now with the subaru body

I do love the way a Jet Pro pipe bolts and mounts. totally secure

DSCI0006.jpg

DSCI0005.jpg

DSCI0004.jpg

DSCI0001-1.jpg

pipeous

don't rememer a time I had 4 5th scales all running at the same time and just buying an f1 woohoo.. still unsure what to paint on the clk gtr. no rush... until the subaru explodes

I'll order some bling for it from Himoto soon enough, hitting my busy season now

pipeous

Got everything in except the kill switch. That's in the mail right now.

I used a shorter aluminum horn on the hitec than the gws. the stock steering rod either was such an angle or too short, or it just hit the servo case. So I made up a setup with some Nutech rod ends. they are quite small yet beefy. this setup worked out pretty good.

I mounted my lipo with velcro straps on the front bumper and the bec is on the tower. you can just see the power meter lights through the faux carbon paint...

DSCI0001-2.jpg

DSCI0002-1.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts