• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Flysky FS-GT3c, first impressions

TerraKill

so i recived my Flysky FS-GT3c today.

when i saw the box it came in, my heart droped and panic set in!

The box it comes in is tiny compaired to any other Transmitter i brought, so i started to worry that ive brought some mirco transmiter or been sent the wrong thing :eek:

so i unpacked the transmitter, and WOW, im very impressed with its size, weight and how it felt in my hand, it feels nice.

It took me atleast 10mins to try and figure how to turn this transmiter on as it dosnt come with a paper manual, then i finnaly found the on button in the middle of the wheel :rolleyes: , sneaky little hiding place for it

The trigger, wheel and buttons feel sturdy, and the screen is nice, bright and clear.

The options menu is easy enough to figure out without the use of the manual, and binding the Tx to the Rx is easy aswell.

Things i don't like:

Im yet to use this Transmiter, but from what i can tell you can only charge it via the usb cable pluged into a pc? witch is putting doubt in my mind to how long this battry will achally last as its so small? and how im going to charge it when out at the track?

I don't like the foam ring that comes on the wheel, as i can alrdy tell its going to slip on the wheel if it gets wet or worn, but thats somthing i can modify myself with an 1/8th r/c tyre.

apart from my doubts about battry life/charging, and the foam wheel cover, i cant find anything eles i don't like :D so really thumbs up all round at the moment, specialy for the price!.

as said im still yet to run it, so thats where the true judgement will lye, but from first impressions and unpacking, i like it

heres some pictures of it fresh out the box

Last edited by a moderator:

TerraKill

next to my AnsMann Racing W3.1(witch i would class a standard size)

G

Nice.

You could purchase extra battery packs if your concerned about duration.

G

Good find!

BoukeG

I'm just starting to use the GT3b. For the price it is really awesome. And I've seen some hacks you can do with them, like installing a new voltage regulator to extend battery life. And reprogram it to have more functions... Yours look great, I have they hack it too!

TerraKill

Deluge said:
How does the wheel feel? Wheel bounce is very annoying.
after a weekends solid use, the transmitter held up nicely even after i droped it like 4 times and the top cover with the screen poped off, it poped right back on and worked fine, and i didnt even need the extras battrys i brought, still holding 3.8v on the 1st battry (from 4v)

BUT!!! the reciver!! it failed on the 2nd day and after inspection one of the capasitors on the reciver board had come loose and was intermitidly making contact ruining my day :mad:

All i can say is, im VERY lucky i got a kill switch!!!! otherwise there would of been a 20kg+ missle on the loose ripping at almost 60mph, across a 3mile+ long field and a full fuel tank :rolleyes: and a river at the end

If the flysky recivers wasnt so cheap, i would of just thrown this in the bin..... but as there so cheap, im gonna order another reciver and give it a second chance, as it could of just been a bad solder thats come loose tho vibration

other then the reciver dieing, im impressed with the flysky

G

When I ordered my GT3B I ordered 10 receivers. I have not had any fail. Hopefully you just got a defective one. I'd still be using mine if I could.

BoukeG

I love mine too. I've replaced the voltage regulator with an other one, so battery life improved significantly. Now I'm waiting for a programmer board to replace the firmware. So I can change the low battery voltage warning, change my pack to 5 cells, or a 2 cell lipo. Change the backlight time etcetera...

Deluge

TerraKill said:
after a weekends solid use, the transmitter held up nicely even after i droped it like 4 times and the top cover with the screen poped off, it poped right back on and worked fine, and i didnt even need the extras battrys i brought, still holding 3.8v on the 1st battry (from 4v)BUT!!! the reciver!! it failed on the 2nd day and after inspection one of the capasitors on the reciver board had come loose and was intermitidly making contact ruining my day :mad:

All i can say is, im VERY lucky i got a kill switch!!!! otherwise there would of been a 20kg+ missle on the loose ripping at almost 60mph, across a 3mile+ long field and a full fuel tank :rolleyes: and a river at the end

If the flysky recivers wasnt so cheap, i would of just thrown this in the bin..... but as there so cheap, im gonna order another reciver and give it a second chance, as it could of just been a bad solder thats come loose tho vibration

other then the reciver dieing, im impressed with the flysky
Well, that sucks! It's hit or miss, I guess.

G

BoukeG said:
I love mine too. I've replaced the voltage regulator with an other one, so battery life improved significantly. Now I'm waiting for a programmer board to replace the firmware. So I can change the low battery voltage warning, change my pack to 5 cells, or a 2 cell lipo. Change the backlight time etcetera...
Nice. Keep us posted on the radio mods. :)

caveman

It sounds like another good deal from flysky. As far as charging it with out the PC you can get a wall plug that takes the USB end to charge and the same for a car charger.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts