• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Engine upgrade?

mavrick813

Tons of options for the 5ive, what are the highest HP options for the Dunerunner?

Mike

G

Most of the same motors work. The OBR 30cc 8.2hp reed case would be some fun. I run an OBR 27.2cc 7.5hp in my XB and luv it. :)

ChuenouXiao

RCDAD said:
Most of the same motors work. The OBR 30cc 8.2hp reed case would be some fun. I run an OBR 27.2cc 7.5hp in my XB and luv it. :)
What is the difference between a 27.2cc to a 30.5cc ? I thought 30.5cc equals more power?

G

The larger displacement engines will have more torque but not always more hp. The 27.2 is a high rpm engine. Just always been a great engine to mod.

alfred e numan

spinning wrenches and sockets.

FYI, the CY 28.9 i assembled seems to have approx 1/3 more torque from about eight thousand to 12-13 grand than a hy30 with .025" squish-990,3/4" velocity stack, jetpro rear. The 28.9 seems to ignore that the jetpro rear end bleed is a rev pipe- Shame pipes are so costly-- like to try a torque pipe. Next to assemble is a gitmotor 30.5 full mod. Like most of us, I spend far more time working on engines-chassis than running them. love every second i am around a 1/5 scale. ---

G

The TS are some of the best out there. Many swear by them. IMO you can't go wrong with either. The RCMK is lacking in reviews due to the fact it is new.

mavrick813

cordy said:
Maybe the 57cc.Your wallet will determine your power plant.
The wallet is out of the equation. My buddy was going to drop $2,500.00 on a 5ive, with 8.2 Motor, Pipe, DX3R and a bunch of other stuff. He already has the Dune Runner. I talked to him and he decided to just Mod the hell out of the DR.

So, let's make a shopping list. The DR is bone stock.

Mike

cordy

Ok you can research this at your liesure.Look into a skopod/krd 62cc engine ($1000)-16,000-17,000 rpm. Mounting kit $300,pipe $190. Current gearing range-20/54.Needs taller gears thier not manufactured yet but will be.After this is done the drive train will need to be upgraded. This is not for on road drivers,or grass .Should be in the 65mph range.Oh ya it will wheelie.Good luck.Have fun,you will have a smok`n ride!The other engine builders will chime in here,cuz they know a hell of a lot more than I do_Oh the 57cc as I said befor is a twin engine from obr in the $1700 price range.Then if you want the fastes thing on god`s earth you can build an electrick dr that will litterly blow the tires off the rims.Oh I believe the 62cc engine is from an airplane.You may also want to check dog pile raceing to see what they have.Then thier is baja builders you may want to check with those guy`s.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deluge

mavrick813 said:
The wallet is out of the equation. My buddy was going to drop $2,500.00 on a 5ive, with 8.2 Motor, Pipe, DX3R and a bunch of other stuff. He already has the Dune Runner. I talked to him and he decided to just Mod the hell out of the DR. So, let's make a shopping list. The DR is bone stock.

Mike
Bummer. The 5ive with an OBR Reed would've been sweet.

Deluge

tsudo5th said:
How about a Trevor Simpson engine? How would his porting and reliability compare to an obr or gizmotors rcmk engine?
TS makes a beautiful case. They're expensive, as well. With the right parts, you could see up to 9 horse. OBR makes their own reed case now, and they've gotten 8.2 horse out of it, so far. The RCMK is ported from the factory, so there's little room for modifications. There's a bit of confusion about the RCMK's actual HP rating.

As far as reliability, that really depends on the user and their tuning ability. The TS and the OBR are top shelf, for sure. The RCMK looks like it has some overheating issues, but then again, that could be bad tuning.

Ildy666

Any more hp and you might as well buy a quad or shifter kart and make that radio controlled if wallet not an issue....

krashkrieg

Contributor
The ultimate RC was when Jamie on Mythbusters created the full size Remote Control car to test some stupid myth...(I think he's created more than 1)...sorry Maverick...back to your thread...

Ildy666

Stunt busters look a new camaro ss a made it radio controlled .it was ripping donuts on the pavement.totally awesome...wow i sound like Jeff spicolli..lol..sorry back to the thread.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online