• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Engine running out of gas with half tank

racegig

Hi everyone,

Just got a new DuneRunner today and I'm going thru the break in process.

I ran it idle for 30 minutes and after that started to drive it slowly around the house (20:1 mix) and it seems that when I get to about half thank, the engine seems to be running out of gas for a 30 second and finally stop.

When I topped the tank the buggy ran welll until about half thank.

I have a laser thermometer and when I point at the cylinder the temp never goes over 220 F.

I can't see any tube inside the tank and wonder If the tube in there is maybe not long enough or something.

There are 2 tubes that goes thru a rubber cap, I tried to open the cap but the $%/&?% seems glued there. I don't want to break anything can I just pull very hard and open this cap to look inside ?

Anyone had this problem ?

Maybe it got nothing to do with fuel and something else is wrong ?

By the way, on the plan there are no tube showing.

Sorry for my poor english

Thanks in advance.

Greggfromohio

Yeah the rubber cap with the tubes going through it is tight!! I struggled getting mine out but was finally able to pry it out with a screw driver without damaging it. It didn't look like it had any glue on it, just fits in there really snug.

cordy

Try venting the tank.There are many ways to do this,there are threads showing how to do it.

racegig

Thanks for the info I will try it again tonight. Going to give it the old screwdriver trick.

I've been working out for that...

So you know what's under there. I guess the best position for the tube is to sit right in between the tank at the bottom.

By the way, why 2 tubes ? One is for the overflow or something. How do I know which one is sucking gas ?

I guess you already found out that I'm a newbie at gas and stuff... :)

RampageHopUps

The line with the clunk on it is the feed line. That should be able to move around to the bottom of the tank.

The other line is for a return from the carb. That just needs to be in around an inch or two.

Venting the fuel tank will be very helpfull to the overall running of your engine.

G

The tank needs to be vented. It will stall if you don't vent it.

vpalace

I thought the return should only be in 1/4" - 1/2". 1"-2" will put it in the fuel.

Feed is on the bottom of the carb, return is on the top next to the primer bulb.

racegig

Wilco guys

Gonna try that venting before anything else

racegig

It turned out that the clunk was not sitting deep enough in the tank.

I still did vent the tank thru the grommet.

Engine is running well now. :)

Phill

When venting the tank is it better to have the clunk just touching the bottom or to have it with a bit of slack which would mean it laying on its side?

Thanks

Phill

G

Just touching the bottom. That will keep it from sliding around in the tank.

Deluge

I lay the clunk on it's side. Keeps it from flopping around and it sucks up the fuel a lot better. The tank is pretty much dry by the time I finish running.

MrClass

Ddm has a tank venting grommets that I just ordered everyone should buy one ! Just need to supply fuel line . I've already had the same problem ! Look at your carb ball if it's empty loosen gas cap and re-prime you'll be good to go again but it dose suck !

Phill

I just put one on mine

Works great

If you get the see thru fuel line at the same time you can see where your fuel is flowing to/from

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts