• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Engine issues after upgrades

pkrexer

Hello,

My Rampage MT was running fine stock and would start within 3-4 pulls. Well in hopes to get a little extra performance I installed a ZRC tall manifold and shread stack.

Now I have to put my hand over the intake to even get it to start. Once it is running, it idles extremely high...to the point that it wants to take off. It also stalls out when I punch the gas.

I haven't messed around to much with it, but I'm thinking that its probably running lean now because of the increased airflow? I may just wait for my 998 walbro to get here since I plan on replacing it anyway.

Thoughts?

G

You do need to retune after making changes to the pipe intake and carb. When you install your carb it would be a good idea to check for air leaks.

MrMeatHooks

RCDAD said:
You do need to retune after making changes to the pipe intake and carb. When you install your carb it would be a good idea to check for air leaks.
+1

Make sure the fuel lines are installed in their proper locations, return line in the return side of carb etc. It will rev up and stall out when you stab throttle when they are backwards. Also, will be a pain to start. I did this on accident :p

pkrexer

I found the issue... I had the gasket between the manifold and engine block on backwards :( I wasn't paying attention and didn't realize the teflon gasket has a groove it fits into on the manifold.... I guess that's what I get for doing a rush job.

Regardless... I messed the gasket up pretty bad, so I'm back on the stock manifold until I get new gaskets.

The good news is that I put on my walbro 998 carb and its running like a champ with the stock manifold at least.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.