• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Engine died. Pull start won't pull!

MrMeatHooks

You live in the U.S? I have a new 30.5cc with 990 carb and tuned pipe for sale as soon as my FlowSystems motor shows. The motor is a week old and just broken in.

alfred e numan

how to get the piston out? 1st, put a clean rag between the jug and bottom end cases- then rotate the flywheel so that the connecting rod in not at the 12:00 position- 1 or 2 oclock is fine- get a wooden dowel-stick it tru the spark plug hole- till its end is on the top of the piston- then, hold the jug with your hand - around the bottom of the jug- this is so your hand absorbs some of the impacts when you hit the end of the wooden dowel thats sticking out of the spark plug hole- it may help to put a bit of oil down the spark plug hole before you pound --tap gently-- with your favorite hammer--

Shalako

Got it out. It was scored on the exhaust side. The weird thing was that my plug was a nice brown. It was not white which would indicate it running lean. I thought it would be since it seized due to heat.

Anyway I ordered a5.5 HP Flowstock 30.5 cc 4 Bolt Long Block from OBR. Hopefully I don't burn that up.

Thanks for all the help guys.

Shalako

Would an exhaust leak cause it to seize on the exhaust side, score the piston and cylinder all while keeping a nice paper bag brown color on the plug?

G

No. Has to be on the intake side. It causes an extreme lean condition.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts